Cannot open ProZ with Mozilla Firefox
Thread poster: Kunik
Kunik
Kunik  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:50
English to Latvian
+ ...
Jan 2, 2006

Today I am able to access ProZ only with Internet Explorer. Mozilla either does not respond at all when I click on the bookmarked link, or gives the annoying "Proz. com could not be found".
Mozilla works perfectly with all other sites, though.
I wonder if this is a global problem or something is wrong only at my end...

Ingo Dierkschnieder
Ingo Dierkschnieder  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:50
Member (2004)
English to German
+ ...
Fault on your side Jan 2, 2006

There must be something wrong on your side as I've been browsing with Firefox all day and didn't have any problems to access ProZ. However, I use a personalized build which might make the difference. Best to wait if the same is the case tomorrow and if, maybe reinstall Firefox.

Good luck,
Ingo

Agua
Agua  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
MF works OK for me... Jan 2, 2006

Hello,

I wonder if this is a global problem or something is wrong only at my end...[/quote]

I think it is some problem there, because I access it without any trouble with Mozilla Firefox, no customization or anything.

I think maybe you should try again, if it does not work, re-download and re-install.

Best of luck,

Mar

Kunik
Kunik  Identity Verified
English to Latvian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jan 2, 2006

Thanks, Mar and Ingo. This gives hope that it will work normally soon.

Andrea Ali
Andrea Ali  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 13:50
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
+ ...
No problem either Jan 2, 2006

Hope you can solve it soon!

Cheers,

Andrea

Courtney McConnel (X)
Courtney McConnel (X)  Identity Verified
France
French to English
+ ...
my mozilla stopped working right today too Jan 2, 2006

Hi!
All of the sudden, I can't get onto most sites with Mozilla and have to use Explorer. The sites say that Mozilla is not showing them the cookies and I have to re-set it to show cookies. Don't know why. It was working all the other days...
XO
Courtney

keshab
keshab  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:20
Member (2006)
English to Bengali
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
It might be a temporary prolem Jan 3, 2006

I think it is a temporary problem and will solved automatically. Nowadays my Mozilla Firefox works nicely but few days ago suddenly it stopped work.But the problem stays only for two-three days and I have to work with IE.But after those days I never faced any problem with firefox.

Happy New Year.

Keshab.

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:50
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Upgrade? Jan 3, 2006

I recently upgraded to Mozilla Firefox 1.5, and I am not having this problem. If yours is an earlier version, maybe upgrading would solve it for you.

Jo Macdonald
Jo Macdonald  Identity Verified
Spain
Italian to English
+ ...
Try scanning for spyware Jan 3, 2006

Hi Tina,

I downloaded and scanned my system with Adaware and Spybot last night as I’d noticed Firefox was getting slow and waiting for Servedby messages appearing on the status bar. Servedby is a data miner and if your computer has caught one (or several) of these or other adware/spyware, your browser can get so slow it will be useless.
After scanning the browser is back to it’s usual performance.

They’re bot
... See more
Hi Tina,

I downloaded and scanned my system with Adaware and Spybot last night as I’d noticed Firefox was getting slow and waiting for Servedby messages appearing on the status bar. Servedby is a data miner and if your computer has caught one (or several) of these or other adware/spyware, your browser can get so slow it will be useless.
After scanning the browser is back to it’s usual performance.

They’re both free progs:
http://www.download.com/Ad-Aware-SE-Personal-Edition/3000-8022_4-10399602.html?tag=lst-0-1

http://www.download.com/Spybot-Search-Destroy/3000-8022_4-10401314.html?tag=lst-0-1
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot open ProZ with Mozilla Firefox

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »