https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_technical_support/41406-curious_bug_while_posting_in_a_forum.html

Curious bug while posting in a forum
Thread poster: Dinny
Dinny
Dinny  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 23:49
Italian to Danish
+ ...
Jan 16, 2006

I have ProZ.com as my start page, so whenever clicking on the little house I get right back to the front page from wherever I am.
But if I post in a forum, I cannot get back to my start page by clicking on the house. I only get back to the opening page for posting, i.e. the dialogue box where you insert your posting. The address line remains www.proz.com, but there's no way to get back. To make things work ag
... See more
I have ProZ.com as my start page, so whenever clicking on the little house I get right back to the front page from wherever I am.
But if I post in a forum, I cannot get back to my start page by clicking on the house. I only get back to the opening page for posting, i.e. the dialogue box where you insert your posting. The address line remains www.proz.com, but there's no way to get back. To make things work again I have to exit/close the page and then open a page in IE to get my ProZ.com start page.

How come?
Collapse

PAS
PAS  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:49
Polish to English
+ ...
Confirm Jan 16, 2006

Yes - I have the same "affliction"...

In truth, it has never bothered me much, so I haven't complained, but now you did, so I just respond to confirm that you're not alone.

Cheers,
Pawel Skalinski

Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 15:49
Spanish
+ ...
Same here Jan 16, 2006

But it didn't bother me either, I just click the ProZ logo instead.

sarahl (X)
sarahl (X)
Local time: 13:49
English to French
+ ...
Me too Jan 16, 2006

I have to find the URL to get back on the home page. Can be annoying.

Dinny
Dinny  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 23:49
Italian to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
But the ProZ.com team is so efficient... Jan 16, 2006

Nobody ever thought to complain about it.
But once you do... be sure that it'll be fixed in secs.
Well, at least this was my reason for starting this post...

Elías Sauza
Elías Sauza  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 14:49
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
We're not alone Jan 16, 2006

Thank you for pointing this out.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Curious bug while posting in a forum

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »