Mobile menu

Email failure - Can't ask a question
Thread poster: teju
teju  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:19
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 16, 2006

I just tried to post a question, and it would not let me. My user info box in the upper left corner says: "teju logout/join now, email failure".
I don't understand what's happening. There is nothing wrong with my email. Can anyone help me?

Direct link Reply with quote
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 11:19
Looks like we got bounce notifications from your email server Feb 16, 2006

Hi teju,

It looks like we got notifications from your email server that messages could not be received. Any idea what it could be? I would think you could still ask, though...

Daniela Zambrini  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:19
Member (2005)
English to Italian
+ ...
e-mail falure 2 Feb 16, 2006

Hello, I found an e-mail failure message too this morining, in the user info box onthe upper left corner of the home page. When I checked my e-mail settings in my profile I found that there were three "x" before my email address: ex: "xxx "...I don't know why, though!
In any case I overwrote it again removing the "xxx" and now I am receiving notifications.
Ciao, Daniela

Aleksandr Okunev
Local time: 18:19
English to Russian
More detail required to talk to my ISP May 2, 2006

Henry wrote: Any idea what it could be?

Dear Henry, this is exactly what the •originating• server should provide - a message about like this

When talking to host blablabla - hard bounce - originating IP blacklisted

or something of this kind. I guess these features are available free and prefab all over the Web, please, ask Proz programmers to implement this.

Thank you,

Which means that I have had the same problem today.
My hosting is not ideal in this respect, they use filters that are too strict, but knowing the exact details would not harm me.

[Edited at 2006-05-02 08:43]

teju  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:19
English to Spanish
+ ...
Problem fixed May 2, 2006

I had no idea that this thread was still open. When I wrote it, I received a message saying that I should write to tech support, which I did. After one day of not being able to ask questions, the problem got resolved on its own. I did receive help from tech support and we were both puzzled about what happened. Hope it doesn't happen again.

Thanks to all for writing.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Email failure - Can't ask a question

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Wake up in the Morning and see that you have sold TMs and made Money overnight

The TM Market Place for Translators
New: Our Instant TM Download
TM owners: Upload your TMs into the online database
Customers: Analyse your text & instantly download a text-specific TM
Well over 1.2 BILLION translation units

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs