France
Local time: 07:49
English to French
+ ...
Feb 22, 2006

Hi there,

when I click on "Preview your question" I get this message:

Something was wrong with your info.
The email address you entered is invalid. Without a valid email address, it will be impossible to contact you with answers

while my email address has not changed recently. I hence changed the address but keep receiving the same information.
What can I do?
TIA,
Olivia

[Edited at 2006-02-22 15:11]

Direct link Reply with quote

Magda Dziadosz  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2004)
English to Polish
+ ...
Are you logged in Feb 22, 2006

when trying to ask a KudoZ question?

Magda

Olivia MAHÉ  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Logged in Feb 22, 2006

Yes I am, Magda. I tried again a minute ago, and I still get this error message...

Magda Dziadosz  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2004)
English to Polish
+ ...
I'm just guessing now... Feb 22, 2006

but perhaps some e-mails sent to you by the system (like notifications) bounced for whatever reason and that's why you're prompted to check if the e-mail address is Ok. If you have an alternative e-mail address, try to replace your current one in your profile (under Edit Personal Data) and see if it works.

This is just my guess - if it doesn't work, you should file a Support Request to our tech wizards.

Hope it works,
Magda

France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Doesn't work Feb 22, 2006

I changed my address, logged out and in and tried again, nothing to do, my question remains blocked. I received your postings normally, anyway... Now I'll ask the wizards. Thank you Magda!

Olivia

France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
what about this é? Feb 23, 2006

Can the problem derive from the final "é" of my name?
Sometimes it appears correct, sometimes it looks like a chinese character. Maybe my user name is not recognized and considered unknown? On this page for instance, in the User Info box, the é appears as something else once again: it has become a spot followed by a sort of treble clef and by "strong>"...
Now, I value this accent and don't want to remove it, so...???

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Hi Olivia Feb 23, 2006

Before asking a question try changing the encoding in your browser to Win1252 - it should help.

Natalia

France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Some more info? Feb 23, 2006

Thanks Natalie, I had read something about these changes, but I have no time to study the subject and I need to know what I shall do concretely to be able to ask questions. It's getting urgent!

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Olivia Feb 23, 2006

I just suspect that the system prevents you from asking because of the accented 'e' in your name: perhaps it's a bug resulting in that the system does not recognize you. The system is set to Unicode but the accented 'e' in your name is not a Unicode symbol, it is viewed correctly only in Win1252. Therefore I have made the above suggestion.

France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Put the blame on my E Feb 24, 2006

This is to confirm that my dear accent was the reason for all this trouble. Now everything is fixed and I want to thank you all again for your help, in particular Dieter who proposed to host my question. Cheers!

Olivia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot ask a Kudoz question

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs