Mobile menu

Cannot update Availability
Thread poster: Ulrike Lieder
Ulrike Lieder  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:37
English to German
+ ...
Mar 9, 2006

For the past 5 days or so, I've been trying -to no avail- to update my current availability. Doesn't seem to make any difference whether I try to do this via my profile page (which I can open just fine, thus I didn't want to post this under that topic...) or directly in the "User Info" box that appears in the top left corner on every page.

Whenever I click on that little radio button (currently grey since I can't set availability...), IE displays a message "Error on page" in the status bar at the bottom.

It was working fine the last time I updated (which would have been around 2/26 or so), but ever since that setting expired and the button turned back to grey, I haven't been able to reset my availability.

Surely I'm not the only one this is happening to?

Direct link Reply with quote

Yolanda Broad  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:37
Member (2000)
French to English
+ ...

Bashful pop-up window? Mar 9, 2006

Sometimes those little pop-up windows hide behind other windows open on the screen. Maybe you can "catch" it if you minimize all your other open windows.

English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Nope... seems to be more than bashfulness... Mar 9, 2006

Yolanda Broad wrote:

Sometimes those little pop-up windows hide behind other windows open on the screen. Maybe you can "catch" it if you minimize all your other open windows.

That doesn't seem to help, I still get that yellow triangle with the exclamation point and "Error on page". When I move the pointer away from the radio button, the yellow triangle stays, and it says "Done". Except that nothing got done...

[Edited at 2006-03-09 01:20]

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 18:37
Partial member
Spanish
+ ...
Cookies Mar 9, 2006

Have you tried deleting your cookes? Usually that helps.

English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Cookies!!! Mar 9, 2006

It took a couple of tries, but that seems to have done the trick.
Thanks so much for reminding me -- I always forget that deleting cookies every once in a while is a good thing.

[Edited at 2006-03-09 04:19]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot update Availability

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs