Mobile menu

Some of the threads started by me are untraceable.
Thread poster: chopra_2002

chopra_2002  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 13:41
English to Hindi
+ ...
Mar 21, 2006

Like other Prozians, I sometimes share my thoughts on various issues. I also occasionly seek technical help from experts whenever I face some difficulty. I had started a thread perhaps two years ago wherein I had requested to suggest a way to ascertain the number of Hindi words in a bilingual document. I had received a very useful and informative reply which I have forgotton. Now, I have received a similar document again and counting the words manually or copying and pasting them separately would kill a great deal of time. So, I tried to access that thread through my profile (Forums). I have found much to my surprise this thread is not available alongwith several other threads started by me. I don't remember under which forum topic it was posted, so I am unable to access that.

I want to know if the threads started by a person are automatically deleted after a certain period of time?

Is there a limit on display of threads started by someone?

Thanks in advance.

Direct link Reply with quote

Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 05:11
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
How to find past threads Mar 21, 2006

Hello langclinic

First, some of the threads in which you took part are visible for you in your profile (you have a forum tab). If you don't see the thread you're looking for there (bacause only some of them are shown), you should use the search feature (in Community -> Forum search) with the name of the author and some keywords.
You should be able to find what you're looking for.

I want to know if the threads started by a person are automatically deleted after a certain period of time?

No, they just become buried, so you have to dig in order to find and eventually resurrect them.

Claudia

[Editado a las 2006-03-22 01:27]

chopra_2002  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 13:41
English to Hindi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Mar 22, 2006

Thanks so much for suggesting the way out. I can view all of my threads and even postings by means of this function.

[quote]Claudia Iglesias wrote:
If you don't see the thread you're looking for there (bacause only some of them are shown), you should use the search feature (in Community -> Forum search) with the name of the author and some keywords.
You should be able to find what you're looking for.

[quote]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Some of the threads started by me are untraceable.

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs