https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_technical_support/44235-points_for_answering_surveys.html

Points for Answering Surveys
Thread poster: Lucinda Hollenberg
Lucinda Hollenberg
Lucinda Hollenberg  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:14
Dutch to English
+ ...
Mar 25, 2006

I am not sure if this is the right topic, if not, could a moderator please direct me to the correct one.

In my profile set up I saw that you could get points (BrowniZ I believe) for answering surveys. 50 pts for each survery.

I know that I answered almost everyone of them that came up since I joined. But I have not received any points yet. When are these points added or is this a glitch? Does anyone know something about this?

Thanks,
Lucinda

Cintia Pecellin
Cintia Pecellin  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 07:14
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
Quick Poll? Mar 25, 2006

Are you referring to real surveys or just the 'Quick Poll' we all see on the main ProZ page? I doubt we'll get points for that

I've never received a survey from ProZ, not sure they're up and running yet... moderator?

Zyntia.

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 01:14
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
It must be a glitch Mar 25, 2006

Hi Lucinda

If you click on your BrowniZ total you're taken to a page where I can read

Survey responses x 50 per survey
Polls answered x 5 per poll

As I have 0 for surveys too, I reach the same conclusion, because I already have answered to surveys too (two in a year, maybe?)

And yes, quick polls do pay BrowniZ too (5).

Claudia

The LT>EN Guy
The LT>EN Guy  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Lithuanian to English
I get my poll points when i answer Mar 25, 2006

I wasn't ever asked to take a survey, so i dunno about that...

Astrid Elke Witte
Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:14
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
It's something left over from the early days Mar 26, 2006

When Proz.com was first started, there were 50 points for answering a survey. However, there was only one and the same survey offered all the time, and it concerned, if I remember correctly, something about insurances for full-time translators, which was a topic that did not apply to me at the time, as I had a full-time job at a firm of lawyers.

I think this idea was never developed further - but obviously the information is still there in the system somewhere, as a relic from the
... See more
When Proz.com was first started, there were 50 points for answering a survey. However, there was only one and the same survey offered all the time, and it concerned, if I remember correctly, something about insurances for full-time translators, which was a topic that did not apply to me at the time, as I had a full-time job at a firm of lawyers.

I think this idea was never developed further - but obviously the information is still there in the system somewhere, as a relic from the past.

Astrid
Collapse

Ines Garcia Botana
Ines Garcia Botana  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:14
English to Spanish
+ ...
Never got points Mar 26, 2006

Claudia Iglesias wrote:

Hi Lucinda

If you click on your BrowniZ total you're taken to a page where I can read

Survey responses x 50 per survey
Polls answered x 5 per poll

I answered one survey, I never got points.

Inés

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Points for Answering Surveys

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »