https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_technical_support/4466-what_is_a_pmd_file.html

What is a .pmd file?
Thread poster: Diana Marfogel
Diana Marfogel
Diana Marfogel  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 05:31
Hebrew to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 11, 2002

Dear colleagues:

I was asked to give a quote on a job sent to me by e-mail. I got a zipped file that when unzipped is called xxx.pmd. xxx.pmd didn\'t open automatically, and when I try to open it, the system asks me what application I want to use in order to open it (out of a list).

I would like to know what is a pmd file (I read about it on the web, but still don\'t know how to open it), and how can you open it, or what am I missing?

Thanks a lot,
... See more
Dear colleagues:

I was asked to give a quote on a job sent to me by e-mail. I got a zipped file that when unzipped is called xxx.pmd. xxx.pmd didn\'t open automatically, and when I try to open it, the system asks me what application I want to use in order to open it (out of a list).

I would like to know what is a pmd file (I read about it on the web, but still don\'t know how to open it), and how can you open it, or what am I missing?

Thanks a lot,

Diana
Collapse

Hans-Gerhard Leppert
Hans-Gerhard Leppert  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 04:31
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
PMD files Aug 11, 2002

Dear Diana,

PMD files are Pagemaker files. You should be able to open them with Pagemaker 6.5. However, I recommend to rename them to .p65.

Kindest regards

Hans-Gerhard Leppert

Libin PhD
Libin PhD  Identity Verified
Chinese to English
+ ...
Policy Manager Database file Aug 11, 2002

It is for network configuration use.

Please see the following URL:

http://www.enterasys.com/support/manuals/polman1.1rev1/docs/p_data_files_create_ht.html

Ramón Esquivel
Ramón Esquivel  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 21:31
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
Pagemaker 7 Aug 11, 2002

Most likely, it\'s a PageMaker 7 file.

(PageMaker document)

Obviously, you\'d need Pagemaker 7 installed on your system.

Ramón

Carla Zwanenberg
Carla Zwanenberg  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 04:31
Member (2002)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Pagemaker 7.0 Aug 11, 2002

I suppose it is a pagemaker 7.0 file.

cheers,

Carla

(sorry, Hans-Gerhard\'s and Ramon\'s replies were not yet visible when I posted mine)

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-08-11 17:42 ]

Diana Marfogel
Israel
Hebrew to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you all! Aug 11, 2002

Hans-Gerhard, Bin, ramono and Carla, thanks for your answers to my question. I am already downloading a trial version of Pagemaker 7.

I must tell you I may be asking quite frequently for your advice in the near future, as I am doing my first steps in translating for overseas clients, and I have noticed I don\'t have all the required software and the knowledge I need. (Until now I have translated only for the local market).

I find this a very interesting stage in my career.... See more
Hans-Gerhard, Bin, ramono and Carla, thanks for your answers to my question. I am already downloading a trial version of Pagemaker 7.

I must tell you I may be asking quite frequently for your advice in the near future, as I am doing my first steps in translating for overseas clients, and I have noticed I don\'t have all the required software and the knowledge I need. (Until now I have translated only for the local market).

I find this a very interesting stage in my career.

I hope in some way I can help you too, but it probably would be in another proz forum.

Regards,

Diana
Collapse

Diana Marfogel
Israel
Hebrew to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Still having problems with the pmd file Aug 12, 2002

Dear colleagues:

Following the tips you gave me, I installed a one month trial version of Pagemaker 7 from Adobe.com.

I thought it was the end of my problems, but no. Now, when I try to open the file, I get a notice saying: \"Cannot open file.

This format file cannot be opened by this application\". Could it be that because the trial version doesn\'t include all the templates of the full version, I am having these problems?

I feel exhausted, and
... See more
Dear colleagues:

Following the tips you gave me, I installed a one month trial version of Pagemaker 7 from Adobe.com.

I thought it was the end of my problems, but no. Now, when I try to open the file, I get a notice saying: \"Cannot open file.

This format file cannot be opened by this application\". Could it be that because the trial version doesn\'t include all the templates of the full version, I am having these problems?

I feel exhausted, and I probably won\'t get the job, but I want to get to the root of it, so it doesn\'t happen to me again.

Thank you in advance.

Diana
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What is a .pmd file?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »