MetaTexis and Trados in the same machine - does it cause problems?
Thread poster: Minna Wood MITI (Purring CAT Ltd.) (X)
Minna Wood MITI (Purring CAT Ltd.) (X)
Minna Wood MITI (Purring CAT Ltd.) (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Finnish
+ ...
Aug 14, 2002

Hi,

I would like to know if anyone has installed both Trados and MetaTexis in the same computer, and whether it works ok or would it cause problems.

I am a Trados (5.5 Freelance) user and would like to try MetaTexis - now that it is free for Platinum members - in order to see how it compares with Trados (I have never used any other CAT tool but Trados before).

Do you think I will be ok if I install MetaTexis even if I use Trados mos
... See more
Hi,

I would like to know if anyone has installed both Trados and MetaTexis in the same computer, and whether it works ok or would it cause problems.

I am a Trados (5.5 Freelance) user and would like to try MetaTexis - now that it is free for Platinum members - in order to see how it compares with Trados (I have never used any other CAT tool but Trados before).

Do you think I will be ok if I install MetaTexis even if I use Trados most of the time?

Thanks for you help.

Minna
Collapse

gianfranco
gianfranco  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 19:33
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
Contact the Metatexis mailing list Aug 14, 2002

Quote:

Try asking in the Metatexis mailing list in

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MetaTexis/

You should find there other users and perhaps the Me... See more
Quote:

Try asking in the Metatexis mailing list in

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MetaTexis/

You should find there other users and perhaps the Metatexis developers willing to help for any other future problem or queries you may have about this software.

Gianfranco

Collapse

Andrea Bullrich
Andrea Bullrich  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:33
English to Spanish
I've just tried it Aug 14, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-08-14 09:14, Minna wrote:

Hi, Minna,

I always use Trados, but I\'ve just tried MetaTexis on two small files and the only problem I had was when I opened each file a small window popped up saying Trados was running (... See more
Quote:

On 2002-08-14 09:14, Minna wrote:

Hi, Minna,

I always use Trados, but I\'ve just tried MetaTexis on two small files and the only problem I had was when I opened each file a small window popped up saying Trados was running (it was not) and did I want to deactivate it and continue using MetaTexis. I clicked on OK and that was that. But that\'s my very limited experience, so I guess it will be two of us subscribing to the MetaTexis users list...

Andrea ▲ Collapse

Hermann Bruns
Hermann Bruns  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:33
English to German
MetaTexis and TRADOS can run in parallel with restrictions Aug 14, 2002

Hi,

MetaTexis and TRADOS can both be installed on a system without causing problems - with one exception: MetaTexis and TRADOS partly use the same shortcuts.

There are two solutions for this problem:

(1) Go to the \"General options\" dialog in MetaTexis and define shortcuts for MetaTexis which are different from all TRADOS shortcuts.

The second possibility is more convenient, though:

(2) (a)
... See more
Hi,

MetaTexis and TRADOS can both be installed on a system without causing problems - with one exception: MetaTexis and TRADOS partly use the same shortcuts.

There are two solutions for this problem:

(1) Go to the \"General options\" dialog in MetaTexis and define shortcuts for MetaTexis which are different from all TRADOS shortcuts.

The second possibility is more convenient, though:

(2) (a) De-activate TRADOS temporarily when you work with MetaTexis. MetaTexis will automatically warn you when a MetaTexis document is loaded and TRADOS is still active.

(b) De-activate MetaTexis when you work with TRADOS. You can do this manually via the File menu.

The same is true for Wordfast and MetaTexis.

Hermann
Collapse

Minna Wood MITI (Purring CAT Ltd.) (X)
Minna Wood MITI (Purring CAT Ltd.) (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Finnish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, everyone! Aug 14, 2002

I have now joined the MetaTexis mailing list and thanks to your advice, will try installing MetaTexis now.

Minna

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MetaTexis and Trados in the same machine - does it cause problems?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »