Mobile menu

How can I send a comment to someone who has answered a question?
Thread poster: Clive Jones
Clive Jones  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:17
Member (2002)
French to English
Aug 19, 2002

Probably everyone else knows the answer but my excuse is that I\'m a beginner with Proz!

The scenario: I post a question, someone posts a suggested answer, someone else agrees or disagrees with them. I want to make a comment on the agree or disagree comment. Ho do I do this? It seems impolite just to accept or decline an answer.

Direct link Reply with quote

gianfranco  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 17:17
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
All you can do is... Aug 19, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-08-19 20:26, accorde wrote:

Probably everyone else knows the answer but my excuse is that I\'m a beginner with Proz!

The scenario: I post a question, someone posts a suggested answer, someone else agrees or disagrees with them. I want to make a comment on the agree or disagree comment. Ho do I do this? It seems impolite just to accept or decline an answer.

You cannot comment on any every single answer/agree/disagree contribution but you can:

1. Add further details to your question, if necessary, using \"Add a note\", which is accessible to the poster.

2. Comment at length at the moment you close the question and assign the points, and many use this moment to thank all answer, sometimes to explain the reason for choosing a particular answer or other further comments.

3. Finally, if the space online is not appropriate, you can send private email

to one or more answerers.

All this, I believe, is more than sufficient to close properly a question.

Gianfranco

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-08-19 21:26 ]

Member (2002)
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Seems reasonable - and polite Aug 20, 2002

Thanks for your comments. I do comment at length at the close of the question and explain my reasons for choosing a particular answer. Do the contributors all see this?

I do also send an individual e-mail when the answer has been extra-super!

As for your first point, I\'ll try it next time I pose a question.

John Kinory
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Yes Aug 20, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-08-20 09:10, accorde wrote:

I do comment at length at the close of the question and explain my reasons for choosing a particular answer. Do the contributors all see this?

All answerers (though not commentators) receive an email with your closing comments.

Regards,

John
[addsig]

Member (2002)
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Closing comments Aug 20, 2002

Thanks John for your comment. I am continually amazed by the good will of translators who take time out to reply in detail to questions and forum discussions. This is why I am so anxious to let people know their efforts are appreciated. For example, some weeks ago I replied in great detail to a query only to find that the asker had not commented on or chosen a reply or, perhaps, even looked at the contributions.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I send a comment to someone who has answered a question?

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs