Mobile menu

ProZ.com Identity Verification
Thread poster: António Ribeiro
António Ribeiro  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:53
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Apr 29, 2006

Fact 1: Up to quite recently, I had a big fat tick (checkmark icon) stating my Identity Verification in the ProZ profile page.

Fact 2: I do not have it any more.

Question: Why and when did I loose the ID verification?

If I read through the INFO page accessible from the ProZ.com Identity Verification, I can see that it is not a pre-requisite to be a Platinum Member, have paid $5 USD or to be personally known to a small bunch of guys (127 in total).

However, it seems that:

a) participating in a Powwow is enough. In fact, I did attend two powwows in Lisbon and in both cases my ID was verified by the organiser.
b) or, having credentials from a major translator association verified by ProZ.com is also good and my profile says: English to Portuguese (National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters confirmed).

Please refer to:

***Powwow / Event Method
Members who bring photo ID to powwows or other ProZ.com events may request that event organizers VID their profiles (organizers must have the requisite authority to verify identities).***

***Credential method (cross-reference with translator association)
Members who have earned credentials from a major translator association, and have had those credentials verified by ProZ.com, are considered to have verified identities.***

António Ribeiro
Austrália

Direct link Reply with quote

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 11:53
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...
Hi Antonio Apr 29, 2006

First of all, I have moved the thread from the KudoZ forum.

Second, did you perform recently any changes in your profile? If the answer is NO, than the most probable thing I could imagine is a unicode bug (due to accented 'o' in your name). The best way would be submitting a support request and asking the site staff to correct the situation.

Have a nice weekend,
Natalia

English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
support request Apr 29, 2006

Natalie wrote:

The best way would be submitting a support request and asking the site staff to correct the situation

Hi Natalia,

How can I do this?

Cheers,

António

Daniela Zambrini  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2005)
English to Italian
+ ...
Click on "Support" Apr 29, 2006

Hi Antonio, you can click on "support" (top right corner home page) and then on "submit support request".
Enter all relevant details and site staff will process your request as soon as possible.

Ciao, Daniela

[Edited at 2006-04-29 19:57]

p.s. thanks Natalia, I have edited my post, I had wrongly written top left!

[Edited at 2006-04-29 19:58]

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...
Click the 'Support' button Apr 29, 2006

in the upper RIGHT corner of any ProZ.com page > Submit support ticket > choose 'Staff only' and fill in the corresponding boxes.

Natalia

Enrique Cavalitto
Local time: 06:53
SITE STAFF
Go to the original verifier May 1, 2006

António Ribeiro wrote:

participating in a Powwow is enough. In fact, I did attend two powwows in Lisbon and in both cases my ID was verified by the organiser.

Hi Antonio,

You could send a mail to the member who verified your identity after these powwows and ask him/her to do so again.

Regards,
Enrique

English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No problem, Enrique May 1, 2006

Enrique Cavalitto wrote:

You could send a mail to the member who verified your identity after these powwows and ask him/her to do so again.

Regards,
Enrique

Hi Enrique,

Yes I can and I will do it. No Problem.

However, my original question is still valid. Why did I loose the ID Verification, even if I comply with two of the rules and, why should I/they do it again?

Regards,

António

Yolanda Broad  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:53
Member (2000)
French to English
+ ...
Primary reason for losing VID May 1, 2006

The system will remove the VID status from any profile that makes changes to the name/contact data related to a profile. If such changes are made, the profile must be VID'd again. Please keep this fact in mind when contemplating making changes to your profile. If you really need to make any such changes (for example, you have moved), the safest approach is to contact ProZ.com support *before* making any such changes.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ProZ.com Identity Verification

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs