Mobile menu

MetaTexis version downloadable for free from Proz.com...
Thread poster: Minna Wood MITI (Purring CAT Ltd.)

Minna Wood MITI (Purring CAT Ltd.)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:07
English to Finnish
+ ...
Aug 26, 2002

...is a test version that you can only use in 99 sessions for 30 days. You get this information only after installing the tool, on Proz.com exclusive downloads you are made to belief that, as a Platinum member, you can download the full tool for free, i.e. the information on Proz is very misleading.

I downloaded and installed the tool and was, for the first time, trying to learn how to use it. After each translation unit, when I want to open the next one, I get a dialog box with the message:

\"The maximum number of test usages of MetaTexis has been exceeded. The testing period of MetaTexis has ended. This function is not available any longer. If you want to use it, you need to purchase a licence at www.metatexis.com\".

However, when I click \"OK\" MetaTexis opens the next segment and I am able to carry on translating.

I am not even thinking of learning how to use this tool if this is what you get from the test version. It will take ages to translate even a small file if I have to keep pressing OK after each TU.

Can anyone tell me whether this is normal or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Minna

Direct link Reply with quote

Elvira Stoianov  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Local time: 21:07
German to Romanian
+ ...
you have to do something, to have the full version Aug 26, 2002

I have downloaded the tool and I remember there was something you had to do after installation (I think when you install the tool you have to use the license number that is sent to you by email) otherwise you only have the demo version. If you register the software with the license key you receive by email, you will receive a message that you are using the full version of Metatexis. Please read the instructions carefully and you will surely find the answer.

Elvira Stoianov  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Local time: 21:07
German to Romanian
+ ...
Maybe you haven't entered the license key after installation Aug 26, 2002

And now you\'re only running the demo version

4. Start Microsoft Word.

5. An info dialog will appear. If you have a license please click on Enter license key in order to enter the license key

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 15:07
SITE FOUNDER
I think Elvira is right Aug 26, 2002

The downloadable copy is the full version, with a complete license, just as you would get from the company for $150 (now, $149) directly.

Minna Wood MITI (Purring CAT Ltd.)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:07
English to Finnish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks everyone!! Aug 26, 2002

It works now. )

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MetaTexis version downloadable for free from Proz.com...

Advanced search

Lilt
Translators like you are producing higher quality translations faster with Lilt!

After years of research at Stanford University, Lilt has introduced a revolutionary new tool that will change the way you translate. Lilt learns how you translate to give you more personalized suggestions. Be more productive today! Use it FOR FREE!

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs