Installing MetaTexis- Where have I gone wrong?
Thread poster: two2tango
two2tango
two2tango  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 01:51
English to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 28, 2002

I have just installed Metatexis ( so I think). On opening Microsoft Word I don´t get the dialog box to enter my licence key.

I may have installed the software in the wrong place, can anybody help?

Thanks a lot!

H
[addsig]

Gayle Wallimann
Gayle Wallimann  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:51
Member (2004)
French to English
+ ...
I had the same problem Aug 28, 2002

I had the exact same problem, I was sure that it was installed to the wrong place and I decided to write to the company to ask for help. Here is the address for the person that helped me:

[email protected]

It turned out that the program was not completely installed for some reason, it often happens he said. So I followed his instructions after uninstalling the program that I found in outlook express. Here are the tw
... See more
I had the exact same problem, I was sure that it was installed to the wrong place and I decided to write to the company to ask for help. Here is the address for the person that helped me:

[email protected]

It turned out that the program was not completely installed for some reason, it often happens he said. So I followed his instructions after uninstalling the program that I found in outlook express. Here are the two letters that he wrote to me:

Hello Gayle,

thank you for your interest in MetaTexis.

You need to download ADO and install it by double clicking on the file \"mdac_typ.exe\", or in your case it might also be \"mdac_typ_fr.exe\". Then you can install MetaTexis.

What do you mean with \"Both went to Outlook Express\"? Do you mean that you do not know where the files where saved on your computer? In this case, I suggest that you do the following:

Go to the start menu, click on \"Search\", then click on \"Files or directories...\". Then enter the following text in the upper left textbox: \"mdac*.exe\". Then execute the search. If the mdac file is on your system it will be displayed. Double click on it to install it.

Do the same for the MetaTexis file by searching for \"MetaTexis*.exe\" and double cklicking on \"MetaTexis 2000.exe\".

I hope this works.

If not, do not hesitate to contact me again.

Best regards

Hermann

(That was not the problem, I had done all of that.)

Second letter:

Hello Gayle,

the reason for your problem probably is, that you have not downloaded MetaTexis completely. You need to download \"MetaTexis 2000.exe\" again. (You can use the \"Server 2\" link if the main link does not work. This is a very reliable connection.)

Good luck!

Hermann

That took care of it!

Hope that it helps you too.

Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Installing MetaTexis- Where have I gone wrong?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »