Pagemaker/Story Collector/Trados
Thread poster: Peter Lehner

Peter Lehner  Identity Verified
Austria
Local time: 06:52
Italian to German
+ ...
Aug 29, 2002

I have exported a pagemaker file into txt-files with the plug-in story collector. When I try to open this text-file, I get the message \"35017) SSLex0105e:Invalid token, Line 1996 Offset 8@NEXT \"5b_Fehlererklarung\".

So I can\'t work with TRADOS....!

I already searched for \"5b_Fehlererklarung\" in the PageMaker text, but it doesn\'t figure in this document.

Can anyone help please????

Direct link Reply with quote

Judy Rojas  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 02:52
Spanish to English
+ ...
Did you convert the file to rtf? Aug 29, 2002

Two very important things when working with Pagemaker and Trados. The first is that after you export the text with the plugin, you MUST save the PM file to keep the codes in place, otherwise you will not be able to reimport the translated text. The second is that you must convert the exported text file to rtf format with FilterPack. After translation and cleanup, you must use Filterpack to convert the file back to txt format. I\'m assuming you are using Trados version 3.

Regards,

Ricardo
[addsig]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Pagemaker/Story Collector/Trados

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs