Mobile menu

New feature: member referral - can everybody use it?
Thread poster: Stephanie Wloch

Stephanie Wloch  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:28
Member (2003)
Dutch to German
Jun 14, 2006

Hi guys,
occasionally I saw the new feature referral on Astrids page on the left below referring to Derek Gill Franssen. So she did it right.
I went to
SETTINGS > Other settings > referrals
"Profile crosslinking / member referrals are a new feature available on profile pages. Use them to exchange links with members working in other languages or fields, whose work you know to be of a high standard."
WOW! That's great - I thought and HERE WE GO! I have chosen a Dutch colleague.
I entered the
- right ID-number
- Language pair
- Commentar
- switched on "Show this referral"
But if I go to visitors view I dont see no referral. In Owners view I see the box in grey.
What did I wrong? ???

Maybe Branka is referring to the same feature?

[Edited at 2006-06-14 20:16]

Direct link Reply with quote

Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:28
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Try using the Search function Jun 14, 2006

Hi Steffi,

I added Derek by using the search function throughout, not by manually entering the User ID. I have a feeling it possibly works better that way.

If you see the box in grey in the owner's view, then I think you only need to click on those little arrows underneath to make it become visible.

[Edited at 2006-06-14 21:22]

[Edited at 2006-06-14 21:24]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New feature: member referral - can everybody use it?

Advanced search PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs