Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 19:11
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Jun 15, 2006

A few years ago I verified my ID using the credit card option. Now my ID is no longer "verified" by Proz and I have to reverify it (again using the credit card option). What happened? Does the ID verification expire every so often?

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Did you edit your profile? Jun 15, 2006

Hi Samuel,
There is no expiration date on a VID check, but it is removed when you change certain profile details (first name, name, or user name).
Check out the relevant FAQ entry.

HTH, Ralf

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Aah, I changed my name... Jun 15, 2006

Ralf Lemster wrote:
There is no expiration date on a VID check, but it is removed when you change certain profile details (first name, name, or user name).

I used to trade under my marriage name (Murray-Smit), but that had caused endless problems since the name isn't officially recognised in South Africa. So I reverted back to my official surname (Murray). I guess I'm gonna have to fork out that EUR5.00 again.

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Submit a Support Request Jun 15, 2006

Hi again,

I used to trade under my marriage name (Murray-Smit), but that had caused endless problems since the name isn't officially recognised in South Africa. So I reverted back to my official surname (Murray).

Now that would explain the missing VID.

I guess I'm gonna have to fork out that EUR5.00 again.

Not necessarily - submit a Support Request.

Best, Ralf

Yolanda Broad
Yolanda Broad  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:11
Member (2000)
French to English
+ ...

How about switching to Member while you're restoring your VID? Jun 15, 2006

Hi Samuel,

Some of us have an excess of BrowniZ points that we are allowed to give away to folks to join ProZ as Members for the first time. I'd be particularly delighted to share some of those BrowniZ points with you, in particular, as I've "known" you since my now long ago Lantra days. I realize you probably have volumes of BrowniZ points yourself, but, just in case you'd like to use some of mine, please let me kn
... See more
Hi Samuel,

Some of us have an excess of BrowniZ points that we are allowed to give away to folks to join ProZ as Members for the first time. I'd be particularly delighted to share some of those BrowniZ points with you, in particular, as I've "known" you since my now long ago Lantra days. I realize you probably have volumes of BrowniZ points yourself, but, just in case you'd like to use some of mine, please let me know and I'll send you an invitation.

Yolanda
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ID no longer verified

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »