Thread poster: Leonardo Parachú
Leonardo Parachú
Leonardo Parachú  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:39
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 30, 2006

Hi all!

I´ve been trying to upload a new picture to my profile (tried both in new and old formats) and, though the image seeems to upload correctly, it does not show in the profile (I get the "No image on file" message in its place). The picture complies with all technical requirements (width, height, KBs). Can the problem be as simple as that I´m wearing sun-glasses on it?

Many thanks in advance,
Leonardo.

Cetacea
Cetacea  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 03:39
English to German
+ ...
Maybe try again tomorrow Jun 30, 2006

Hi Leonardo,

The same thing happened to me last weekend, and I wasn't wearing sun glasses...
Seriously, I tried again on Monday, doing everything the same way, and it worked. So maybe it's just a temporary bug.

Pilar T. Bayle (X)
Pilar T. Bayle (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:39
English to Spanish
+ ...
Check one thing Jun 30, 2006

The picture complies with all technical requirements (width, height, KBs). Can the problem be as simple as that I´m wearing sun-glasses on it?

I am sure you meet all requirements, but there is one they don't metion and it's crucial. The color is CMYK or RGB? CMYK is good for printing, but in the web you need RGB. If you don't know how to check it, contact me through my profile and I'll be happy to check the color coding and change it if necessary.

P.
www.pbayle.com/blogs

Nesrin
Nesrin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:39
English to Arabic
+ ...
I'm having the same problem... Jul 3, 2006

... as you can see on the left

I'm sure the picture has the correct specifications, as it's the same one I used to have before.
I just had the crazy idea of putting another picture, then, when it didn't appear, I tried to put the old one back - and it's been gone for over 3 days now.

Somebody help!

Walter Landesman
Walter Landesman  Identity Verified
Uruguay
English to Spanish
+ ...
Me too.. Jul 3, 2006

My photo is not showing either. Same happened about a week ago to some of us members, but it was fixed after a few hours. This time seems to be lasting longer.

Suzie Withers
Suzie Withers  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
This still seems to be a problem... Jul 3, 2006

I tried uploading a photo to mine today (both old and new formats) and it won't show up.

It also took ages (and a few forum searches) to find out how to upload the photo to the new profile in the first place!*

(

*If you haven't found it yet, it's under Settings/Uploads.

Aleksandr Okunev (X)
Aleksandr Okunev (X)
Local time: 04:39
English to Russian
Me too Jul 3, 2006

I don't get the dead silence from Proz support.
Thanks.

Nesrin
Nesrin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Arabic
+ ...
Hooray, our pictures are back! Jul 3, 2006

Leonardo Parachú wrote:

Hi all!

I´ve been trying to upload a new picture to my profile (tried both in new and old formats) and, though the image seeems to upload correctly, it does not show in the profile (I get the "No image on file" message in its place). The picture complies with all technical requirements (width, height, KBs). Can the problem be as simple as that I´m wearing sun-glasses on it?

Many thanks in advance,
Leonardo.

Yes, those sunglasses were definitely the cause of the bug!

Aleksandr still seems to have a problem..

Leonardo Parachú
Leonardo Parachú  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Case closed Jul 4, 2006

I joked about the sun-glasses because some sites require "clean" shots of the person´s face, lol.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem uploading picture to profile

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »