Replies to quotes does not work
Thread poster: Matej Hasko

Matej Hasko
Local time: 12:56
English to Slovak
+ ...
Jul 4, 2006

I posted a job yesterday and requested quotes through proz.com.
Now, in the list of my jobs, there are 40 quotes displayed, when I open the quotes, there are only 39 of them. I have reloaded the page several times.

But that is not the biggest problem.
I wanted to reply to some quotes by selecting "No, thanks", a comment box appeared, I filled it in and pressed Submit.
But the list of quotes has not changed at all.
The quotes are still "valid".

Furthermore, there are "boilerplate responses". I have added one, but it is there for 20+ times and cannot be deleted.

How to deal with the quotes now? Thanks a lot for your replies.

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Submit a Support Request Jul 4, 2006

Hi Matej,
ProZ.com staff will need to look into this - please submit a Support Request, indicating the URL of your job.

Best regards,
Ralf

Matej Hasko
English to Slovak
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jul 4, 2006

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi Matej,
ProZ.com staff will need to look into this - please submit a Support Request, indicating the URL of your job.

Best regards,
Ralf

I did it now.

Yolande Haneder  Identity Verified
German to French
+ ...
Individual messages Jul 4, 2006

Matej Hasko wrote:

I wanted to reply to some quotes by selecting "No, thanks", a comment box appeared, I filled it in and pressed Submit.
But the list of quotes has not changed at all.
The quotes are still "valid".

Last time I tried this way, the message were only sent once I sent an answer to all of them at once ( accepted / not accepted).

It didn't work for individual answers.

A bug I think since it seems quite new.

Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
I was not able to send any response at all Jul 4, 2006

Since the box for writing an essay in has been added, it is not possible to send a response of any kind to anybody, not even to the person chosen for the job. That apart, in the case of 15 quotes I do not have time to write 14 essays explaining why I did not accept that particular quote. The answer is simple: I can only pay for the job once, and not 15 times over. I would like, however, to be able to click "No, thank you", as previously.

Astrid

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Replies to quotes does not work

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs