Trados Workbench 2.2
Thread poster: Daniella Mattos (X)
Daniella Mattos (X)
Daniella Mattos (X)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Nov 8, 2001

I am a registered user of Trados 2.2 and recently, when trying to install Trados 2.2 on my new machine I found out my Trados CD is damaged. I contacted Trados in order to get the exe files for Trados 2.2 but they informed me they no longer have this version because it is outdated. Any ideas where can I get the Trados Workbench 2.2 files?

Thanks,

Daniella

Mats Wiman
Mats Wiman  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 12:35
Member (2000)
German to Swedish
+ ...
In memoriam
Unfair Trados answer Nov 8, 2001

Bullshit! Of course they have it.

In your case it\'s a question of saving a customer by replaceing damaged media and they MUST help you.

Maybe you should state more clearly that your CD is damaged and thatt they are obliged to help you.

Otherwise we\'ll start a campaign .

Regards

Mats Wiman

Hans-Henning Judek
Hans-Henning Judek  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:35
German to English
+ ...
Another example for arrogance... Nov 8, 2001

Mats, you are right, they have to, but not for free. Considering the technical state of version 2.2, the price for a replacement CD and postage, I think it might be a good idea for Daniella to think about jumping ship.

Being a market leader seem to create some arrogance. What TRADOS should consider is that good customer service always pays off. And...there is lots of competition on the market now, which does an equally good job for the average translator and translation agen
... See more
Mats, you are right, they have to, but not for free. Considering the technical state of version 2.2, the price for a replacement CD and postage, I think it might be a good idea for Daniella to think about jumping ship.

Being a market leader seem to create some arrogance. What TRADOS should consider is that good customer service always pays off. And...there is lots of competition on the market now, which does an equally good job for the average translator and translation agency at a fraction of the price. I personally use Wordfast (free!) for easy and SDLX ($120) for more complex jobs. TRADOS will not get a dime from me, as I hate that dongle approach. SDLX restricts me to use on one machine, but with the flexible software license, I can easily switch from my home to my office computer. A slick and easy to use program. Deja vue is also said to be very good, even better than Trados.

Anyway, the TM market is no OS market. It is easy to switch systems, and if Trados does not get their act together, they will loose out soon. The writing is on the wall!
Collapse

Laurent Slowack
Laurent Slowack  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:35
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Outdated Trados license... Nov 9, 2001

Daniella,

The same happened to me as a registered user of Trados. After asking for help, receiving nice answers and prompting me each time to update my Trados Workbench 1, finally they told me they would not support this version any longer. So, in short: don\'t ask us, Trados will be happy to help you out, if you pay again.

I had already been warned about them, it seems to come out as such.

[addsig]

Daniella Mattos (X)
Daniella Mattos (X)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Outdated licence Nov 9, 2001

Quote:

On 2001-11-09 08:30, slowack wrote:

Daniella,

The same happened to me as a registered user of Trados. After asking for help, receiving nice answers and prompting me each time to update my Trados Workbench 1, finally they told me they would not support this version any longer. So, in short: don\'t ask us, Trados will be happy to help you out, if you pay again.

I had already been warned about them, it seems... See more
Quote:

On 2001-11-09 08:30, slowack wrote:

Daniella,

I had already been warned about them, it seems to come out as such.

Hi all, thanks for the kind messages. I am aware of the fact that my licence is outdated but, as some of you already pointed out, I am a customer and would like to be given the deserved consideration as such. I do intend to upgrade to Trados 5, but I have just replaced my working machine and there are many things to fix, so there is no way for me to upgrade immediately. In the meantime, I would like to go on using the TMs I have - which is currently not possible. I have been told they no longer have the CD to send me - even if I had to pay for it. But I wonder if maybe they wouldn\'t have at least the EXE file for the Workbench - I can do without MultiTerm etc. etc. ▲ Collapse

Werner George Patels, M.A., C.Tran.(ATIO) (X)
Werner George Patels, M.A., C.Tran.(ATIO) (X)
Local time: 06:35
German to English
+ ...
The bigger they are .... Nov 9, 2001

Yes, Trados is showing very clear \"Microsoft symptoms\". They think they are the market leader and can get away with \"murder\".

The fact remains that all other CAT software that I have worked with so far (Déjà Vu and SDLX) is much, much, much better and more reliable than Trados. And none of the other software packages contains as many problems and glitches as Trados does.

My advice to you: do not even bother to upgrade your Trados version - get Déj
... See more
Yes, Trados is showing very clear \"Microsoft symptoms\". They think they are the market leader and can get away with \"murder\".

The fact remains that all other CAT software that I have worked with so far (Déjà Vu and SDLX) is much, much, much better and more reliable than Trados. And none of the other software packages contains as many problems and glitches as Trados does.

My advice to you: do not even bother to upgrade your Trados version - get Déjà Vu or SDLX; you won\'t regret it!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Workbench 2.2

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »