Mobile menu

direct link to localized profile not working. non-urgent
Thread poster: Marta Fernandez-Suarez
Marta Fernandez-Suarez  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:43
English to Spanish
Jul 7, 2006

the other day I localised my profile and I don't seem to be able to open it directly.
I do not understand exactly how does this work. Ideally, I would like to insert a link in my English version so anyone can link to the Spanish profile.

In theory the English link would be

And the Spanish would be

- when clicking on the second link, it never opens (so I cannot use the link in the English version to link to it)
- when clicking on the first link (without being logged in), sometimes I get the Spanish version and sometimes the English one (?), irrespective of the language I selected at bottom of

Wouldn't it be better to include an option within the profile to change the interface language?

Please, could someone explain who does it work?

Thank you very much in advance

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

direct link to localized profile not working. non-urgent

Advanced search

Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs