Paid membership but suspended anyway
Thread poster: Edwal Rospigliosi

Edwal Rospigliosi  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 20:28
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 16, 2006

Hi. I renewed my platinum membership on July 12, but still received a suspended account notice on July 14. What's going on?

Direct link Reply with quote

Rosa Maria Duenas Rios  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:28
Support tciket? Jul 16, 2006

Hola Edwal:
¿Ya le mandaste una "solicitud de apoyo" al personal de Proz.com? En caso negativo, te sugiero que lo hagas; creo que así atenderán más pronto tu problema que si esperas a que uno de ellos se asome por aquí.

[Edited at 2006-07-16 02:02]
P.D:
Excuse me, please!
I did it again! I posted in Spanish on an English forum. I am sorry.

[Edited at 2006-07-16 14:49]

Susana Galilea  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:28
English to Spanish
+ ...
I second Rosi's advice Jul 16, 2006

The same thing happened to me when I renewed in January. There was some glitch in the system, but I submitted a support ticket and it was taken care of right away.

Suerte, Edwal

Susana

Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 21:28
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
If you paid by wire transfer Jul 16, 2006

that can take some time until the payment reaches ProZ.com. Also- at the bottom of your invoice there should be a ProZ.com fax number where you should send your invoice after it has been paid.

From past such cases I understand that from bank info received by ProZ.com it is seen that payment was done, but not always it is possible to conclude which member/user paid the money. I don't know if that applies to cases payment is made by a credit card. Anyway, Support ticket is the correct way to proceed.

Uldis

Edwal Rospigliosi wrote:

Hi. I renewed my platinum membership on July 12, but still received a suspended account notice on July 14. What's going on?

Anne Lee  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:28
Member (2003)
Dutch to English
+ ...
The same happened to me earlier in the year Jul 16, 2006

This seems to be a recurring problem. The same happened to me months ago, although I paid well in advance of the expiry date. I did everything as instructed, sent a fax and included a reference with my payment. It was very annoying to receive numerous reminders and to have my account suspended, despite asking for support. I hope this can be sorted once and for all.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Paid membership but suspended anyway

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs