Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:11
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Please provide more information! Sep 19, 2002

If you cannot use this font in Office XP, you must have been able to use it with another software? What kind of software was it? Did is use UNICODE (as Office XP does)?

Is this a TrueTypeFont or is it a Post Script one? Do you have Adobe Type Manager in your system? What kind of operating system do you use? Or do you work with Macintosh?

I´m sorry, but I´m not a wizzard to see that all...

Jerzy

Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:11
Member (2000)
Russian to English
+ ...
There have been problems with special Russian fonts and Windows XP Sep 19, 2002

I have no idea whether this will help you or not, but people have had problems with installing \"phonetic-keyboard\" Russian fonts in Windows XP. There have been several discussions on the subject in the Russian forum, the latest of which is:

http://www.proz.com/?sp=bb/viewtopic&topic=4640&forum=30&7

The website referred to here is specifically for Russian keyboards but also gives links to keyboard planning software which might help you.

Rishi Miranhshah  Identity Verified
English to Panjabi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
More info Sep 19, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-09-19 21:29, JCzopik wrote:

If you cannot use this font in Office XP, you must have been able to use it with another software? What kind of software was it? Did is use UNICODE (as Office XP does)?

Is this a TrueTypeFont or is it a Post Script one? Do you have Adobe Type Manager in your system? What kind of operating system do you use? Or do you work with Macintosh?

I´m sorry, but I´m not a wizzard to see that all...

Jerzy

This font comes only with Office XP, (have not used with any other system, tried on my other system:Win 98 SE, doesn\'t work there either), it is a True Type Font, most likely using UNICODE. Operating system is Windows XP Professional. No, not a Mac.

I really don\'t know about Adobe Type Manager, but I do have Adobe Acrobat (full version)

Thanks a lot for taking interest.

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:11
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Please refer to Microsoft help files Sep 19, 2002

Go to help in Word and search for \"hindi\".

The system will display you some advices, how you should set it to be able to wirte Hindi.

Most likely you need to add a keyboard layout in your Windows and change some settings (if not allready done).

You can read the following MS articles:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q311013

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q285133

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q288725

Perhaps they may be some help for you.

Best

Jerzy

PS

Forget the Adobe Type Manager, if you do not need to work with DTP-Software or Post Script Fonts.

Anil Goyal  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 05:41
English to Hindi
+ ...
Mangal Font Sep 20, 2002

You will have to set Input Locale and IME in Regional Settings (Go to Control Panel -> Regional Settings). Select Indic in General Tab and Hindi in Input Locale tab.

Hope this helps.

Rishi Miranhshah  Identity Verified
English to Panjabi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Many Thanks Sep 20, 2002

Many thanks to all of you for all the time, consideration and kind help, particularly to Jerzy for suggesting the links to MS articles.

The problem lied with Hindi/Indic languages not showing up in General/Input locale tab. As it turned out, I needed to install them from \"Install files for complex script and right-to-left languages (including Thai)\"

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unable to use \'Mangal\' (Hindi) Font in office XP

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
TransPDF.com PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs