How to update CV in my profile
Thread poster: ian ward (X)
ian ward (X)
ian ward (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:59
French to English
Jul 30, 2006

I haven't twigged how to update my CV. I click on the icon, the text appears, I can edit but then I'm not even sure what I need to do next. If I simply try to return with the browser I'm asked if I want to save the changes which only allows me to put the file on my own hard disk.

Magan
Magan  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:59
English to Spanish
Updating CV Jul 30, 2006

Hi Ian,

You have to go to your profile "Edit mode", the reason why you cannot update your CV, is because you are clicking in the front page, that is why it just opens and you cannot edit it. I still use my profile in the old format, so that is the way I am going to explain, probably it will be similar or the same in the new format, but I am not sure.

In the old format, click "settings" (making sure that is in "owner's view" not "visitors view"), then click "basic profil
... See more
Hi Ian,

You have to go to your profile "Edit mode", the reason why you cannot update your CV, is because you are clicking in the front page, that is why it just opens and you cannot edit it. I still use my profile in the old format, so that is the way I am going to explain, probably it will be similar or the same in the new format, but I am not sure.

In the old format, click "settings" (making sure that is in "owner's view" not "visitors view"), then click "basic profile" (I think it's called) the paragraph will tell you exactly that is to update personal details, CV/ resume...). Upload your CV as if it was the first time and you didn't have any, you don't need to delete the old CV, just upload the new one and it will substitute the old one that you already have, sometimes it takes some time for the new one to appear (maybe half an hour), but usually updates instantly.

Good luck,

Inma
Collapse

ian ward (X)
ian ward (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:59
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
in with the old, out with the new! Jul 30, 2006

thanks,
it did occur to me that I may have better luck in the old format and switching meant I found it reasonably easily....however, I'm not sure how to display it and I think I may have to return to the new style to do that! seriously,n I think I just need to familiarise myself a bit with it
thanks again
Ian

Magan
Magan  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:59
English to Spanish
You've done it! Jul 30, 2006

ian ward wrote:
however, I'm not sure how to display it and I think I may have to return to the new style to do that!Ian

Hi Ian,

I don't know exactly what you mean about "not sure how to display it" I have checked your profile and CV. Even if you have updated it through the old format, it IS updated (and displayed) in both. I have checked your profile in the new format, you have your new CV up and running.

Inma

Tina Vonhof (X)
Tina Vonhof (X)
Canada
Local time: 10:59
Dutch to English
+ ...
From the new profile Jul 31, 2006

It took me a long time to figure this out but from the new profile you can do it by going to "SETTINGS" and then scroll down to "Uploads".

RominaZ
RominaZ  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
How to update/edit/replace the CV/resume in your profile Oct 8, 2009

Dear Ian,

To update your CV, go to the Personalization section of your Profile Updater and scroll down to the CV/Resume section. Click on Delete next to the CV you want to update. Once removed, upload the new version of your CV by selecting the language in which your CV is written from the Upload another CV in the drop-down menu and clicking on the Browse button to search your computer's file system for the document you wish to upload.

Once you have chosen the document, check the agreement box and select a visibility permission for your CV. Finally, click on the Save and update profile button.

Make sure your CV is in .txt, .pdf, .doc, .docx, or .rtf format, and is no larger than 250 KB.

Also, remember that ProZ.com uses multiple webservers to handle user traffic. When you upload anything via the Profile Updater page, it may take several minutes to become visible.
See http://www.proz.com/faq/4129#4129

It seems that you have uploaded your CV successfully. However, if you need assistance with this please submit a support request.

Best regards,

Romina

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to update CV in my profile

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »