Hit Counter for My Profile Page
Thread poster: Mark Xiang

Mark Xiang
Local time: 04:51
English to Chinese
+ ...
Jul 31, 2006

Dear All,

I had set a hit counter for my profile page and it had worked very well for quite a long time. But some time ago, it stoped working. I do not know why.

I try to select a free new one from search results. It seems that all the free counter needs to set a starting number. The problem is that I do not know what is the present hit number.

I hope to set a hit counter that will count in all visitors from the establishing of the profile to the present. But I know nothing about HTML syntax. If this feature is still available to no paying members, could you give me a hand with this matter?

Thank you very much for your kind help and enlightening!

Mark

Direct link Reply with quote

Özden Arıkan  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:51
English to Turkish
Try a forum search... or try this one Jul 31, 2006

Hi Mark,

Proz.com's hit counter is a member-only feature. But you can find many free hit counters on the Internet, and many have been suggested on the forums. Please make a forum search first. My personal favorite is: http://www.statcounter.com/

You can start from 0 -but with all of them you should be able to do this- and you don't need to know Html: all you need to do is copy the code they'll give you and paste it in your profile page.

HTH
Özden

Mark Xiang
Local time: 04:51
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hi Ozden, Thanks for your help. Aug 1, 2006

Özden Arıkan wrote:

Hi Mark,

You can start from 0

Özden

The problem is that I want to count in all the visitors from the start. The present hit number is somewhere between 5000-7000. But I do not know the exact number. If the starting number is set to 0 (zero), all the previous visitors will be counted out. That is the problem.

Mark

Özden Arıkan  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:51
English to Turkish
You can start at any number Aug 1, 2006

Hi again, Mark,

You can configure the starting point at any number you wish, you don't have to start from 0. In fact, this should be possible with all counters, but I checked mine -which I linked to above- to be sure and yes, you can configure it to start from any number.

Best of luck!
Özden

Mark Xiang wrote:

The problem is that I want to count in all the visitors from the start. The present hit number is somewhere between 5000-7000. But I do not know the exact number. If the starting number is set to 0 (zero), all the previous visitors will be counted out. That is the problem.

Mark

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Hit Counter for My Profile Page

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs