Thread poster: Ricki Farn
Ricki Farn
Ricki Farn
Germany
Local time: 10:50
English to German
Aug 3, 2006

Hi folkZ,

I nearly always get a "Server not found" for the ProZ site 1 to 4 times before I can successfully display it. I use Mozilla Firefox 1.5.0.4 on Windows XP Professional on a really fast PC with DSL WLAN. I have tried increasing the timeout in Firefox, to no avail. Other web sites sometimes produce this problem, but by faaaar not as often as ProZ. Actually I find myself spending my breaks visiting other websites now instead of ProZ just because all these "Server not found" e
... See more
Hi folkZ,

I nearly always get a "Server not found" for the ProZ site 1 to 4 times before I can successfully display it. I use Mozilla Firefox 1.5.0.4 on Windows XP Professional on a really fast PC with DSL WLAN. I have tried increasing the timeout in Firefox, to no avail. Other web sites sometimes produce this problem, but by faaaar not as often as ProZ. Actually I find myself spending my breaks visiting other websites now instead of ProZ just because all these "Server not found" errors and having to hit "Retry" over and over deter me. Which is a pity. Any ideas what is going wrong?

Thx, Ricki

[Bearbeitet am 2006-08-03 12:43]
Collapse

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
I'd say it's WLAN Aug 3, 2006

and not ProZ... Why? If you frequently look the ProZ' way, this will be the most frequently occuring symptom ... of possibly something else.

Ricki Farn
Ricki Farn
Germany
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
I don't think it's the WLAN Aug 3, 2006

Hi Vito,

but I look at two cartoons sites, a pet-rat forum and loads of reference stuff for my translations all the time, and those produce a "server not found" error in one or two percent of the cases - but ProZ does it in 95 percent of the cases, and usually more than once in a row before it loads ...

... am I the only one?

Ricki

Derek Gill Franßen
Derek Gill Franßen  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Server not found Aug 3, 2006

Actually, I get that problem much more often with Leo than with ProZ. I have noticed that this 'problem' has been occuring more frequently in the last month or so. I always thought that too many people were trying to access it at the same time, but - to be completely honest - I really have no clue why it happens.

My two cents...

Christian
Christian
English to German
+ ...
ProZ.com takes ages to load here Aug 3, 2006

I don't think it's WLAN, either. So far, I have always been able to go to ProZ.com via IE and WLAN, but this site often takes a veeeery long time to load. Whatever the problem is, I also think it might have something to do with this site. Ricki, you should try to get a support ticket. Maybe the ProZ guys and gals can fix it.

Christian

Linguasphere
Linguasphere
France
Spanish to French
+ ...
I have the same problem Aug 3, 2006

In French, it is "www.proz.com est introuvable".

Since one or two weeks, I have faced this problem.

I have to try several times before the proz page appears.

After, the problem is that I can view a page and the problem occurs again and I have to restart the whole process.

I use proz.com a lot (Glossary, Kudoz, etc.) and this problem gets on my nerves because I loose a lot of time trying to connect to this website.

I am happy to lea
... See more
In French, it is "www.proz.com est introuvable".

Since one or two weeks, I have faced this problem.

I have to try several times before the proz page appears.

After, the problem is that I can view a page and the problem occurs again and I have to restart the whole process.

I use proz.com a lot (Glossary, Kudoz, etc.) and this problem gets on my nerves because I loose a lot of time trying to connect to this website.

I am happy to learn that I am not the only one in this case and hope it will be resolved soon.

Virginie
Collapse

justin C
justin C
United States
Local time: 05:50
English
It seems as though some European routes are having delays getting to ProZ.com Aug 3, 2006

It looks like a few of the internet providers in Europe are using slow routes to the ProZ.com servers in the USA.

I am looking into the problem.

Best regards,
Justin

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
updating hosting solutions Aug 3, 2006

as far as I know, got an intimation the day before yesterday. best Brandis Well I did not mention earlier, but these two days even translators´café ´s server was also not accessible similarly also paypal. What is going on !

[Edited at 2006-08-04 15:29]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Server not found" on accessing ProZ

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »