Rowan Morrell  Identity Verified
New Zealand
Local time: 16:16
Member (2003)
French to English
+ ...
Sep 24, 2002

Hi everyone.

I did a job today (Word file) with some HTML in it (e.g. check boxes). It was basically a Web page. Actually, some of the graphics might have been Word ones - I think Word may convert some HTML features into fields.

Anyway, I used TRADOS 5.5 to do the job, but encountered a problem when I tried to clean it up - I couldn\'t. I can\'t remember the exact error message I got, but it included a five-digit number that started with \"50\".

My document appeared with a nonsensical filename, and when I tried to reopen the file under the original name, I got an error message that the filename was invalid or something like that.

I ended up being forced to open up the original German file, copy and paste the English from the \"unclean\" file (this worked OK), then saving it under the name I had used previously (which I was actually able to do). Fortunately, that didn\'t take too long.

What I would like to know, however: is there anything that can be done to help TRADOS clean up these sorts of files (with HTML and graphic fields) properly? Or is it just a fault I have to put up with? TIA for any ideas.

Best Regards

ROWAN MORRELL

(WriteWord Translations)

Direct link Reply with quote

Minna Wood MITI (Purring CAT Ltd.)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:16
English to Finnish
+ ...
www.translationzone.com Sep 24, 2002

Check this website for Trados patch fixes. There is a list of patches to fix different problems, one of which might be a patch that fixes your problem. To find the correct fix, first check the Trados log file for the exact error message you got when cleaning up your file and also check the the build number of your Trados.

Hope this helps.

Minna

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-09-24 13:21 ]

Russell
Local time: 04:16
French to English
Trados and HTML Sep 25, 2002

Are your DTD settings right on the \'Tools\' tab under \'Options\'/\'Translation Memory Options\'. Your HTML path should read C:\\PROGRAM FILES\\TRADOS\\TEAM-5.5\\TW4WIN\\HTML4.ini . It may also help if you check the \'Strip TW4Win Styles\' box.

Cheers,

Russell
[addsig]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TRADOS and HTML

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs