Blue Board visible when google-searching!
Thread poster: Piotr Wargan
Piotr Wargan
Piotr Wargan  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 06:27
Aug 8, 2006

Hi,

I could not believe my eyes when I saw access link to BB rating information normally available to platinum members when I wrote an agency's name in google.

The agency has an excellent rating anyway.

Is it a bug is the system?

Stay calm,

P.

[Edited at 2006-08-08 08:09]

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Blue Board records with high average LWA visible to non-members Aug 8, 2006

Hi Piotr,
First of all, may I ask you to edit your posting by removing the reference to a specific outsourcer, in line with forum rule no. 8. Thank you.

Blue Board records with a high average LWA are visible to non-members, too, as announced by Henry on 27JUN2005.
... See more
Hi Piotr,
First of all, may I ask you to edit your posting by removing the reference to a specific outsourcer, in line with forum rule no. 8. Thank you.

Blue Board records with a high average LWA are visible to non-members, too, as announced by Henry on 27JUN2005.

Guess that clarifies it.

Henry, Enrique: could we please have a corresponding FAQ entry? TIA.

Best regards,
Ralf
Collapse

Piotr Wargan
Piotr Wargan  Identity Verified
Poland
TOPIC STARTER
It does clarify it :-) Aug 8, 2006

Hello Ralf,

Yes it does, thanks for answering. Edited, no name now.

But did I break the rule really by quoting a BB rating (5) that is possible to find in google and visible to everyone ?

Best regards,

Piotr

[Edited at 2006-08-08 08:13]

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Thank you Aug 8, 2006

Hi again, Piotr,

Yes it does, thanks for answering. Edited, no name now.

Thanks indeed.

But did I break the rule really by quoting a BB rating (5) that is possible to find in google and visible to everyone ?

Yes. The rule is not designed to keep the exchange of information on outsourcers off ProZ.com, but the forum is not the place designed to do that. Hence, we keep discussions of specific outsourcers off the forum, regardless of whether they' positive or negative.

Best regards,
Ralf

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
I understand that BB is a community issue Aug 8, 2006

then why is it publicly visible. Best Brandis well you cannot justify everything.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Blue Board visible when google-searching!

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »