Mobile menu

Kudoz, server speed. (Staff: \'speed improved\')
Thread poster: Guillermo de la Puerta

Guillermo de la Puerta  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:00
German to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 27, 2002

Hello everybody, it always takes some seconds to enter proz.com but lately it is getting really hard. Sometimes it takes a lot of time.

By the way I was near to get 100 kudoz points but suddenly my kudoz have disappeared and are set to \"0\" kudoz points. A joke? )

Kind Regards wildlp

Direct link Reply with quote

Endre Both  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
English to German
Slow, slower... Sep 27, 2002

I\'ve also been suffering from very sluggish server response ever since I got back from holidays at the beginning of September. I wonder if traffic has suddenly increased or if there are technical problems behind it.

And yes, I\'ve also been demoted to 0 Kudoz .

swisstell
Italy
German to English
+ ...
KudoZ speed etc. Sep 27, 2002

I certainly share your experience. Very sluggish and sometimes complete freeze or a message \"will automatically reload in 30 seconds\" (but it never does!).

As to the disappearing KudoZ points, you can find the topic right here in a different Forum question - and by clicking Kudoz/Brownies a few times and refreshing your pages, you might get back into circulation just as I did. Not that I like the idea of having to \"fix\" the system in such a haphazard manner .... Good luck.

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 07:00
SITE FOUNDER
Technical trouble Sep 27, 2002

The slowdown is related to the increase in traffic and the larger size of the KudoZ database.

We are making some changes this weekend, adding some memory, and hope to get back on track soon.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Kudoz, server speed. (Staff: \'speed improved\')

Advanced search

TransPDF.com PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs