Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 07:12
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Sep 22, 2006

... and the new image does not show up (yet - but I changed about 20 hours ago).

Any suggestions welcome.

Eva Villarreal Gutiérrez
Eva Villarreal Gutiérrez  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 23:12
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Load it again Sep 22, 2006

It has happen to me in the past that I have to try two or even three times to have the new image actually loaded.

Once it has been correctly uploaded, it should not take more than a few minutes to show.

Hope it helps! Have a nice weekend

Trudy Peters
Trudy Peters  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:12
German to English
+ ...
But I liked your old one :-) Sep 22, 2006

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
Huh - my fan club in the making!? Sep 22, 2006

I sketched that picture on a slow train from Oslo to Götenborg some late autumn evening looking across the empty aisle at the darkening landscape (it was a dark and stormy night - see http://www.bulwer-lytton.com/ for more of similar romance)

But ... tempi passati retornano mai. And I look ... er ... different, more similar to myself (g) on the new one.

Regards

Vit
... See more
I sketched that picture on a slow train from Oslo to Götenborg some late autumn evening looking across the empty aisle at the darkening landscape (it was a dark and stormy night - see http://www.bulwer-lytton.com/ for more of similar romance)

But ... tempi passati retornano mai. And I look ... er ... different, more similar to myself (g) on the new one.

Regards

Vito

[Edited at 2006-09-22 16:14]
Collapse

Teresa Bento
Teresa Bento  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 06:12
English to Portuguese
+ ...
I can understand why you want to change pic Sep 22, 2006

I'm thinking about changing mine as well. I fear to look too young and inexperient with my current picture lol
However, I'm afraid that if I upload another picture or a drawing, people lose track of me.
To do or not to do... that is the question!

Monika Coulson
Monika Coulson  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:12
Member (2001)
English to Albanian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Submit a Support Ticket Sep 22, 2006

As a member, you should get an answer quickly (site staff might not see this thread as quickly as they will see the Support Ticket.)

I also liked your old sketch, but I should wait until I see your new pic

Monika

Vito Smolej wrote:

... and the new image does not show up (yet - but I changed about 20 hours ago).

Any suggestions welcome.

[Redaktuar më 2006-09-23 16:29]

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
Due to popular demand Sep 22, 2006

(... Trudy, then private posts--- ah, the shady side of fame and success - ) - my old portrait at

www.proz.com/pro/91005

...with some other, more useful download URLs.

The new pic ... uploaded again as suggested. Let's see. I dont want, as yet, bother the site support. It's soooo irrelevant...

Thanks for your comments e'one btw.

Vito<
... See more
(... Trudy, then private posts--- ah, the shady side of fame and success - ) - my old portrait at

www.proz.com/pro/91005

...with some other, more useful download URLs.

The new pic ... uploaded again as suggested. Let's see. I dont want, as yet, bother the site support. It's soooo irrelevant...

Thanks for your comments e'one btw.

Vito

Ups, here we go ... it worked. just need to polish it up a lil' bit.

[Edited at 2006-09-22 20:50]
Collapse

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 01:12
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Have you noticed Sep 23, 2006

that the new one makes you forget the previous one?

I knew I liked the previous one, but couldn't remember why or how it looked, thanks for putting it in your profile.
Now I can say that I liked it because it's "light" not serious, and I imagine that the mixture of your picture + the content of your posts made me think that you were a pleasant person.

Your new picture seems to have been taken when the train was moving, though, I'll have to get used to it. I think
... See more
that the new one makes you forget the previous one?

I knew I liked the previous one, but couldn't remember why or how it looked, thanks for putting it in your profile.
Now I can say that I liked it because it's "light" not serious, and I imagine that the mixture of your picture + the content of your posts made me think that you were a pleasant person.

Your new picture seems to have been taken when the train was moving, though, I'll have to get used to it. I think that anyway with the previous one you had no age...
Sorry, you were asking for technical support?

Teresa, your picture is nice, if you have less than 10 more years, keep it

Claudia (whose opinion wasn't asked for...)
Collapse

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
Due to popular demand... Sep 24, 2006

....I knew I liked the previous one, but couldn't remember why or how it looked,...

my old autoportrait is available at www.proz.com/pro/91005 . And if this kind of doubts about new vs old persist, I will be forced to do a poll ;P

Regards

Vito

PS: some people just don't know any shame, they'll do anything, just anything, for a bigger Page rank... <

[Edited at 2006-09-24 11:01]

Astrid Elke Witte
Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Yes, please do a poll about your picture... Sep 24, 2006

because I prefer the old one, too!

I am so sorry I put my big foot in it last week and brought up the subject of new pictures. I am sure I gave you the idea.

Now we have seen the new one, please put the old one back!

Astrid

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 08:12
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
I see only the new one Sep 25, 2006

Dear Vito, once you upload a new image you see the new one on all occasions here at proz.com.
But the new image seems out of focus. If your camera does not support macro function you have to put it up at a distance of one meter and use auto-timer.
I can recommend the Canon A700, it allows for shots from 1 cm distance!

Regards
Heinrich

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
I came to burry the new portrait, Sep 25, 2006

not to praise it. I am looking now for "something completely different".
Heinrich:...But the new image seems out of focus...

My 9 to 5 vocation since 30 years has been image analysis. I do know what focus, out of focus etc is. I just maltreated the picture way too far - wanted something between Jerry Garcia and the Baloo bear. Out came ... hm ... Mr Hyde with a nice white beard and something between a leer, a grin and a smile...
Astrid:...because I prefer the old one, too!

well, oh well. Red Ears alert. Friends, Romans &c, lend me your ears and eyes: I'll have a poll alright, give me a day or two to collect half a dozen suggestions and post on flickr.

regards

[Edited at 2006-09-25 05:18]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I replaced the old portrait in the profile

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »