Thread poster: Joanna Borowska
Joanna Borowska  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 06:03
English to Polish
Oct 1, 2006

Dear ProZ.com Staff,

I've been experiencing the following problem for some time now:

When I go to the KudoZ list and choose "Advanced search mode" (below the box with languages and fields), I see 4 options there:

Show questions that may offend
Show questions from homework or test translations
Show questions from non-translators
Show questions directed to those who meet certain criteria

I check all four of them, then click "view questions and save settings" and everything is fine. However, when I then go to "basic search mode," I can't see the non-standard questions! I click on "Advanced search mode" again and see that the options (which I checked a minute ago) have become unchecked again!

So I have to use the "advanced search mode" all the time

I submitted a support ticket about it on July, 2 but the problem hasn't been fixed yet. Looks like tomorrow we're gonna celebrate a little anniversary (3 months!)

Dear ProZ.com Staff, I know you're very busy but I'm getting a bit frustrated here. Is anybody EVER going to take care of this? Please...

Joanna

[Edited at 2006-10-01 20:40]

Direct link Reply with quote

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Hi Joanna Oct 1, 2006

Please try another way:

in the advanced mode UN-check ALL 'show questions...' boxes;
choose 'my languages';
choose 'all fields'; category: all; status: all; asker type: all askers; personal: all questions

Please be sure that the 'Term (optional)' box is clean.

Save settings and check if if works for you.

Natalia

[Edited at 2006-10-01 21:04]

Poland
English to Polish
TOPIC STARTER
Doesn't work for me :o( Oct 1, 2006

Natalia, maybe I didn't make myself clear: I WANT to see the offensive questions, questions asked by non-translators etc. So I want all the boxes to remain checked, which they won't after I switch to the "basic search mode"

Am I the only one experiencing this problem? Is the system working all right for you?

[Edited at 2006-10-01 20:58]

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

I have understood you correctly Oct 1, 2006

Please note that when you choose 'ALL' in the fields, categories, For pts, asker type, status and personal, you should really see ALL questions; at the same time the boxes
"Show questions..." should be un-checked.
(I also have them unchecked but I see all questions).

[Edited at 2006-10-01 21:03]

Poland
English to Polish
TOPIC STARTER
This is really strange... Oct 1, 2006

I've always had all my options set to ALL (except for languages and fields). I tried doing as you said but it doesn't work. Questions asked by non-translators and other non-standard questions simply disappear!

But if you say you can see all questions without any problems then maybe there's something wrong with my internet settings, I don't know...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I can't see non-standard KudoZ questions

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs