https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_technical_support/56802-profile_updater_does_not_update_and_other_glitches.html

Profile updater does not update (and other glitches)
Thread poster: Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 14:21
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Oct 5, 2006

First of all I would appriciate, if all currency related information would be set to EUR for European translators by default. It shouldn't be too difficult to accomplish that programmically. I don't even consider to use USD or convert my rates.

When I fill in the rates for word and hour and click on "update" button, nothing happens, only the currecy field jumps back to USD.

The profile entry for rates remains non-checked. Otherwise the updating for the map did function
... See more
First of all I would appriciate, if all currency related information would be set to EUR for European translators by default. It shouldn't be too difficult to accomplish that programmically. I don't even consider to use USD or convert my rates.

When I fill in the rates for word and hour and click on "update" button, nothing happens, only the currecy field jumps back to USD.

The profile entry for rates remains non-checked. Otherwise the updating for the map did function as it should.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2006-10-05 12:24]
Collapse

Maria Asis
Maria Asis  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 13:21
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Neither do the fields No one, Outsourcers, Everybody Oct 5, 2006

Hi!

When I try to select one of the options and click update, they don't remain. It seems to be random selected.

Check this too, please.

María José

Sybille Brückner
Sybille Brückner  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
Neither does the field "Project history" Oct 5, 2006

I started to compile a list, I see it under "My Proz.com"/>"My project history", but it does not show on the profile page. There are still no entries at "Project history".

I already sent a support ticket the day before yesterday, but did not get an answer.

Sybille

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 07:21
SITE FOUNDER
Thanks for this feedback. Oct 5, 2006

We'll make the corrections. Thanks!

Arturo Delgado
Arturo Delgado  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:21
English to Spanish
Also correct Oct 5, 2006

Please, also correct number 10.
It says " Your have no portfolio"
change "your" to "you."

Colin Brady
Colin Brady  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 08:21
French to English
+ ...
Corrections made. Oct 5, 2006

Hi Heinrich,

I changed this. The currency field for users in the Eurozone should now default to Euros.

I cannot manage to recreate this problem. I tried logging in as you and managed to add and delete a default rate. Are you still experiencing the problem?

Hi Maria,

When I try to select one of the options and click update, they don't remain. It seems to be random selected.

This should now be fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Hi Sybille,

I started to compile a list, I see it under "My Proz.com"/>"My project history", but it does not show on the profile page. There are still no entries at "Project history".

I see Leonardo has responded to your support ticket. You need to make your projects visible.

Colin

Colin Brady
Colin Brady  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 08:21
French to English
+ ...
Fixed spelling error Oct 5, 2006

Arturo Delgado wrote:

Please, also correct number 10.
It says " Your have no portfolio"
change "your" to "you."

Thanks Arturo.

Colin

Daniela Zambrini
Daniela Zambrini  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
WWA does not appear Oct 5, 2006

error message:

To be eligible to win the trip to Edinburgh, you must obtain at least one WWA (willingness to work again) entry from an outsourcer listed in the Blue Board.

Ok, I won't be free to come to Edinburgh anyway, so this is not about the prize trip .... but I DO already have 2 WWA entries from BlueBoard outsourcers (confirmed in June and July on my profile).
The profile updater does not seem to read them and I see the red "alert sign" just after .13.

A glitch?

I have already submitted a support ticket, but maybe someone else is also experiencing this error message.

Ciao, DZ

Andrea Brumma
Andrea Brumma
Spain
English to German
+ ...
Error message for special / working fields Oct 5, 2006

I received the error messages that I had reached the maximum number of special fields and the maximum number of working fields, although I hadn't reached the maximum. All my special fields exept of two disappeared, but I couldn't add new ones and had to update the information the old way via my "normal" profile. I also wonder why I cannot chose my special fields as working fields, too. I would like to stress that I actually work in my special fields and that they are not some qualification I got... See more
I received the error messages that I had reached the maximum number of special fields and the maximum number of working fields, although I hadn't reached the maximum. All my special fields exept of two disappeared, but I couldn't add new ones and had to update the information the old way via my "normal" profile. I also wonder why I cannot chose my special fields as working fields, too. I would like to stress that I actually work in my special fields and that they are not some qualification I got years ago from university or similar.
A client of mine couldn't make a WWA entry; there seems something wrong, too.

Andrea
Collapse

Sybille Brückner
Sybille Brückner  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
Project history - visible now Oct 5, 2006

Thank you, colin, problem solved. I did not notice that aone has to tick on "make visible! in the list.

Sybille

Natalia Potashnik
Natalia Potashnik  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:21
English to Russian
+ ...
problem with street address Oct 5, 2006

I want to make my street address visible to no-one. I made the selection from the drop-down. but when I save my profile ProZ stubbornly reverts it to "Outsourcers only". I had no choice but to save it like this, because if I remove my street address ProZ complains that the field is blank.

Nizamettin Yigit
Nizamettin Yigit  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Dutch to Turkish
+ ...
Pofile vs search engines Oct 9, 2006

Dear all,

By October 18th evrybody should be using new profile. I was one of the first new profiles user. And I have lost all search engine ranks.

Any key words, I am in nowhere.

If everybody has to start using new profile, probably everybody would be losing current search engine records and ranking(s).

We are a family team and we were hesitating to change all the profiles into new profile because we did not want to disappear from google.
... See more
Dear all,

By October 18th evrybody should be using new profile. I was one of the first new profiles user. And I have lost all search engine ranks.

Any key words, I am in nowhere.

If everybody has to start using new profile, probably everybody would be losing current search engine records and ranking(s).

We are a family team and we were hesitating to change all the profiles into new profile because we did not want to disappear from google.

Do we have any idea how long would it take before someone starts to get picked up by a search engine again e.g. google?

Regards,

Nizam Yigit
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Profile updater does not update (and other glitches)

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »