Client unable to leave feedback
Thread poster: nikia
nikia  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:55
Farsi (Persian) to English
+ ...
Oct 5, 2006

Following the "update your profile" command I received when I logged into Proz.com today, I requested feedback from a Proz registered client with whom I have worked. He just sent me an email letting me know that even though he tried to follow the link that was sent to him via proz.com, there was no place for him to enter information.

I'm not sure what to tell him, and since others may be facing this problem, I thought I would post it on the forum. Any help you could offer would be much appreciated.

Direct link Reply with quote

Marius Reika  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
Same thing... Oct 5, 2006

I entered 2 projects about two or more weeks ago, none of the clients is able to leave feedback. Both say that at the Outsourcer control center "No new requests for feedback." Seems that the message for feedback just does not come through. Sent several reminders with no effect.

Marius

Ritu Bhanot  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 00:55
Member (2006)
French to Hindi
+ ...
Same Here Oct 5, 2006

And when I submitted a support request along with my clients' e-mails.... it was promptly closed asking me to send the invitation...
I think no one read those e-mails in which my client said clearly that the link didn't work and she'd spent a lot of time trying and asked me to resend her instructions regarding how to do it!!!
I've reopened the support request... and hope something is done.

Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
Justin is going to look at this later today Oct 5, 2006

Sorry for the trouble! If your client has a ProZ.com login, you can ask him/her to log in and visit your profile, where s/he will have the option of making a WWA entry.

I know this is more trouble than it needs to be. Justin is going to look at providing a better solution for this problem later today.

Ehab Tantawy  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
English to Arabic
+ ...
WWA and Project History Functions Oct 6, 2006

Henry wrote:

Sorry for the trouble! If your client has a ProZ.com login, you can ask him/her to log in and visit your profile, where s/he will have the option of making a WWA entry.

I know this is more trouble than it needs to be. Justin is going to look at providing a better solution for this problem later today.

Hi All

The problem happened with me, i sent at least 3 requests to 3 clients for each, no response.
One says that she did not receive any request, others did not reply as i think i did bothering them through my urging requests.

Finally, I sent request for WWA entries, most of them replied and entered their entries.

Something to ask, OK they added their entries, but at my Project History sections, i entered that i finished some projects and waiting their role to add their feedback, which i think it is the most important other than WWA, where each of them add his/her entry at the section related to his/her project i finished for them, which will be important for me to visitors of my page, either they are Outsorcers, Freelancers, or even Non-Proz visitors.

Need any advice, or any support from Proz technical staff.

Thanks
Ehab

justin C
United States
English
Bug regarding not being able to make WWA entries for those who do not show their WWA is now fixed Oct 6, 2006

Hello all,

I did find a problem with the WWA invitations. If you requested a WWA entry from an outsourcer or client, but did not have the WWA box shown in your profile, the outsourcer would not be able to make a WWA entry for you.

I tracked down the cause of the problem, and it should be fixed now. Please let me know if outsourcers or clients that you requested WWA entries from are still not able to make WWA entries for you.

Regards,
Justin

Ehab Tantawy  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
English to Arabic
+ ...
WWA is OK but Project History Feedbacks are not. Oct 6, 2006

justin wrote:

Hello all,

I did find a problem with the WWA invitations. If you requested a WWA entry from an outsourcer or client, but did not have the WWA box shown in your profile, the outsourcer would not be able to make a WWA entry for you.

I tracked down the cause of the problem, and it should be fixed now. Please let me know if outsourcers or clients that you requested WWA entries from are still not able to make WWA entries for you.

Regards,
Justin

Hi justun

Actually i have no problem concerning the WWA requests, it is OK.
The problem was for requests for feedbacks, it does not go to the client, so he/she is not able to add his/her feedback.

Please i need your support.

Regards,
Ehab

Ritu Bhanot  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
French to Hindi
+ ...
WWA working... Project History Oct 7, 2006

Hi,
I agree. WWA is working but Project History is not.
It's been like this for some time so I've actually resorted to sending the link (available in FAQ section) by e-mail to clients. My last couple of clients actually managed to give feedback that way...
I tried sending proz message again... but it's not working for Project History.
Regards,
Ritu

justin C
United States
English
I will alert Colin about problems with PH described in this thread Oct 9, 2006

Hi all,

I will alert Colin (the Project History developer) about the problems you all have described here.

Best regards,
Justin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Client unable to leave feedback

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs