Annoying concordance problem with Trados
Thread poster: Joanne Parker

Joanne Parker  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:22
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Oct 15, 2002

I analysed some files in Trados before starting to translate them. If you don\'t assign a Trados memory to the files when you do this, Trados will automatically create one for you. I did this, it all worked fine, and my files were analysed.

Now though, I\'m working on these files and have found a problem with the concordance feature with the Translator\'s workbench. When I select a word in Word and then click on the Concordance button, the Workbench seems to be looking for other matches in the memory that Trados created for me, rather than the Translation Memory that I have created and want to use. So when I click on Concordance, the Workbench displays the message \"(2): The system cannot find the file specified (\"name of TM created by Trados\".tmw)\"

This only happens with files that I have analysed. Does anyone know how I can make Trados look though the correct TM for concordance searches?

Thanks very much,

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-10-15 15:25 ]

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-10-15 15:25 ]

Direct link Reply with quote

Daniel Meier  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:22
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
Reference TM Oct 15, 2002

Try this:

Go to Options/Translation Memory Options and choose the Concordance tab

Look, if there is a path to a Reference TM and the option Search first in reference TM marked. If yes, this might be the problem. When you do not plan to have a reference TM, just delete the path and unmark the option.

Note: the reference TM is NOT the one, you put your translations into, it´s just Read Only.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Annoying concordance problem with Trados

Advanced search PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs