How can 2 people sharing a computer both use ProZ.com?
Thread poster: Zaltys
Zaltys
Zaltys
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:47
French to English
+ ...
Nov 21, 2001

My partner and I are both translators and share one computer. If he logs on to Proz, I cannot log on later in the day because the screen displays his registration info and there is no option to change user. Disconnecting from the internet does not make any difference. Sometimes his details are still there the next day, still with no option to change user or register username and password. This makes it difficult for me to apply for jobs or earn any Kudoz points. Is there any way to change user, ... See more
My partner and I are both translators and share one computer. If he logs on to Proz, I cannot log on later in the day because the screen displays his registration info and there is no option to change user. Disconnecting from the internet does not make any difference. Sometimes his details are still there the next day, still with no option to change user or register username and password. This makes it difficult for me to apply for jobs or earn any Kudoz points. Is there any way to change user, and if not, why not?Collapse

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 15:47
SITE FOUNDER
Click on the logout icon. Nov 21, 2001

It is the right-most icon in your yellow login box to the left.

Monika Coulson
Monika Coulson  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:47
Member (2001)
English to Albanian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
I went through this too and... Nov 21, 2001

I went through this too and it took me a couple of months to figure it out (just by accident). Now it is so easy for me and my husband to work on the same computer.

Anil Goyal
Anil Goyal  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 01:17
English to Hindi
+ ...
This was done recently..and for good.. Nov 22, 2001

I had raised the same question a month ago, and I was told that I will be logged out if I close all the browser windows. And that worked!! Now for a week or so they are using cookies to store the login info and with the Logout button in place, life has become easier for both..for those who share the computer and also for those who don\'t. Thanks ProZ.

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 15:47
SITE FOUNDER
Yes, the changes were made last week Nov 22, 2001

Anil is right; this change was made last week by Jason. It seems as though a number of login issues were solved as a result.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can 2 people sharing a computer both use ProZ.com?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »