ProZ visitors counter disappeared (staff: 'working properly again')
Thread poster: Erik Hansson

Erik Hansson  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
Swedish
+ ...
Nov 10, 2006

Hello ProZ staff,

I hope this is the right forum for this topic.

As from today, without any changes in the settings, my profile doesn't contain the handly little visitors counter at the end of the profile. Have there been any changes in the system lately I haven't heard of? Moreover, I can't find the place in the settings section where I can decide to have this counter.

I understand there is also the ProZ Bugs forum, but I am not sure if this is a bug or just some settings which have been changed automatically.

Thanks in advance.

Erik

Erik Hansson ( SFÖ )
Technical translator DE-SV
Hansson Übersetzungen GmbH
Website www.hansson.de
ProZ profile http://www.proz.com/pro/21654

[Bearbeitet am 2006-11-10 10:23]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2006-11-10 15:33]

Direct link Reply with quote

Stephanie Wloch  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:50
Member (2003)
Dutch to German
Down for maintenance. Nov 10, 2006

"The visitors feature is currently down for maitenance, please check back in a hour or two."

We have to be patient, Erik.
Liebe Grüße
Steffi

Germany
Member (2002)
Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank, Steffi Nov 10, 2006

Thanks, Steffi.
I didn't see that maintenance note. Will try my very best to stay patient
Liebe Grüße
Erik

Thomas Pfann  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:50
Member (2006)
English to German
+ ...
Maintenance Nov 10, 2006

Tuliparola wrote:
"The visitors feature is currently down for maitenance, please check back in a hour or two."

...which it said last night already. So you may want to make that "a day or two".

Hipyan Nopri  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 13:50
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Yes, it disappeared Nov 10, 2006

It happened to my profile too Erik. Since 07:00 am until now (07:00 pm West Indonesian Time), it is still non-existent. May the staff fix it soon.

Textklick  Identity Verified
German to English
+ ...
Interesting... Nov 10, 2006

Tuliparola wrote:

We have to be patient, Erik.
Liebe Grüße
Steffi

Maybe I can hack in and "borrow" your visitors?

SW
Chris

ICL  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sniff... sniff... Nov 10, 2006

.... I miss my automatic robot visits from Alma, Michigan... (see http://www.proz.com/post/443274#443274 )

PS: just added the link to the "Alma, Michigan" thread...

[Edited at 2006-11-10 15:27]

Robert Forstag  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:50
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
No big deal, but.... Nov 10, 2006

The absence of the "Visitors" feature is no big deal, but I have to say that it is rather irritating to have seen the message "Down for maintenance. Please check back in an hour or two" FOR TWO STRAIGHT DAYS.

If the site staff responsible for said "maintenance" know that it will be a matter of days before the feature is back up and running, then the message should reflect this. And if they did not know this initially, they certainly should know this by now and there should be an appropriate message (and not a misleading one).

Mishandling of even small matters like this damage the integrity and professionalism of the site....

Bob

justin C
United States
Local time: 02:50
English
Visitor tab maintenance took longer than expected Nov 10, 2006

Hi guys,

Thank you for being patient with the visitors tab, and I apologize for the misleading note stating that it would be back sooner than it was.

It was expected that the process would take around 2 hours, but in reality it took around 12. This was a miscalculation on my part. The note on the visitors tab should have been updated with an updated ETA of the visitors tab, and it wasn't, which I take full responsibility for. I will do everything I can to ensure that this does not happen again.

The tab should be back and working properly, please submit a support ticket if you have any further problems with this issue.

Best regards,
Justin

Stephanie Wloch  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Dutch to German
They are invisible today - so what? Nov 10, 2006

they are still coming.
Got a phone call from a new client (via my profile) who gave me good work right now.
Maybe they are not so shy anymore if they are unknowingly invisible?
Yesterday it works well. But it seems to work again but I cannot see my today's visitors.
Robert Forstag wrote:
Mishandling of even small matters like this damage the integrity and professionalism of the site....
Bob

Come on, Bob, don't make a mountain out of a molehill, please.
This is an amazing extra and very helpful tool. Not a matter of course. I'd rather have it good maintained.

Chris: help! What does hack in mean? Leo and Dict cc don't mention it. Not the same as standard hacking, but more a kind of Pirate thing?
which visitor do you wanna borrow? The guy called Arcor?

[Edited at 2006-11-10 15:42]

Textklick  Identity Verified
German to English
+ ...
Pirates Nov 10, 2006

Tuliparola wrote:

Chris: help! What does hack in mean?

[Edited at 2006-11-10 15:42]

Please check the glossary first!

No... above was a Friday message to a friend who had some "E-property" put to incorrect use recently, and took steps to sink the "pirate" ship.

Good weekend all

Chris

Germany
Member (2002)
Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, Justin. Nov 10, 2006

justin wrote:

Hi guys,

Thank you for being patient with the visitors tab, and I apologize for the misleading note stating that it would be back sooner than it was.

It was expected that the process would take around 2 hours, but in reality it took around 12. This was a miscalculation on my part. The note on the visitors tab should have been updated with an updated ETA of the visitors tab, and it wasn't, which I take full responsibility for. I will do everything I can to ensure that this does not happen again.

The tab should be back and working properly, please submit a support ticket if you have any further problems with this issue.

Best regards,
Justin

Thanks, Justin for taking care of this.

As a matter of fact, I had just seen that the counter at the end of my profile was missing, and after my posting I noticed that the visitors' list was gone as well - and here's where the maintenance note was. As the good saying goes: "The eyes are first ones to turn blind".

Happy weekend to you all
Erik

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ProZ visitors counter disappeared (staff: 'working properly again')

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums