When I click the "home" link, my KudoZ and Jobs preferences are not applied to the homepage
Thread poster: Viktoria Gimbe
Viktoria Gimbe
Viktoria Gimbe  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 20:00
English to French
+ ...
Nov 11, 2006

I just noticed this tonight. When I am at any part of the site - forum, KudoZ, my profile - and I hit the link to the homepage (top left, ProZ logo), I get back to the homepage, but all job offers and all KudoZ questions appear regardless of my preferences. In other words, my preferences are not applied.

Is this another bug in today's unfortunate chain of events?

Iwona Szymaniak
Iwona Szymaniak  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 02:00
English to Polish
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Proz seems to stop on Nov 9 Nov 11, 2006

It looks like you are not the only person having problems with Kudoz tonight/ this morning... I am not sure if it helps to know you are not alone...

When I want to see the most current Kudoz postings I get questions asked yesterday regardless of language pair or place, I mean: the same happens in Kudoz and homepage.

And though the site seems to work I have an error mark all the time in the left bottom corner and something like: the page opens but with errors.

... See more
It looks like you are not the only person having problems with Kudoz tonight/ this morning... I am not sure if it helps to know you are not alone...

When I want to see the most current Kudoz postings I get questions asked yesterday regardless of language pair or place, I mean: the same happens in Kudoz and homepage.

And though the site seems to work I have an error mark all the time in the left bottom corner and something like: the page opens but with errors.

It does seem to be a bug.

Iwona
Collapse

Liliana Roman-Hamilton
Liliana Roman-Hamilton  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:00
English to Italian
same here Nov 11, 2006

Same here Viktoria,

For 2 days I have had the same Kudoz points despite the fact that my answers to 4 or 5 Kudoz questions have been chosen as the most helpful (therefore I should have about 16-20 more points than what I have, now by now). I have discussed about that in a recent Italian thread, hoping that somehow it might have drawn the attention of some staff member, but nothing happened.

In the past (and I am talking abou a couple of years ago) the kudoz update funct
... See more
Same here Viktoria,

For 2 days I have had the same Kudoz points despite the fact that my answers to 4 or 5 Kudoz questions have been chosen as the most helpful (therefore I should have about 16-20 more points than what I have, now by now). I have discussed about that in a recent Italian thread, hoping that somehow it might have drawn the attention of some staff member, but nothing happened.

In the past (and I am talking abou a couple of years ago) the kudoz update function was accessible to ANYONE through the personal profile, now it's just for platinum members, and that's something that I don't understand. Well, now it appears that for some sort of glytch in the system, not even platinum members can use this function.... bummer...

At this point I am going to ask for a support ticket. Maybe someone will try to fix the bug...
Collapse

Siegfried Armbruster
Siegfried Armbruster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:00
English to German
+ ...
In memoriam
This might be not the only problem Nov 11, 2006

For at least the last 24 hours, the "Kudoz" part on the home page alternates between entries made on Sept 9, 2006 and the current entries.

Siegfried

Viktoria Gimbe
Viktoria Gimbe  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 20:00
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Other problems Nov 11, 2006

Hey, that's true! Me too, I get older KudoZ questions one time out of two when I go to the homepage. I didn't mention it because I thought I was hallucinating from tiredness - and also because it happens often that I click somewhere on the site and things display weird at first, but usually, when I click reload in my browser, things appear correctly again. This is why I don't even mention some bugs - they only last seconds.

I know that in the past days, there were some parts of the
... See more
Hey, that's true! Me too, I get older KudoZ questions one time out of two when I go to the homepage. I didn't mention it because I thought I was hallucinating from tiredness - and also because it happens often that I click somewhere on the site and things display weird at first, but usually, when I click reload in my browser, things appear correctly again. This is why I don't even mention some bugs - they only last seconds.

I know that in the past days, there were some parts of the site worked on, and maybe this is why some other parts started functioning not quite right. Maybe too many pages on this site are interlinked and whenever you change something on one page, things get thrown out of balance on other pages. It's like taking medication for the secondary effects of another medication

Let's hope this has caught someone's attention... I am anxious to get an answer from staff in this thread.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

When I click the "home" link, my KudoZ and Jobs preferences are not applied to the homepage

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »