Faxing confirmation of joining ProZ
Thread poster: Caryl Swift

Caryl Swift  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 10:55
Polish to English
+ ...
Dec 16, 2006

I wanted to post this on the ProZ membership forum; however, I received a message that the forum is either restricted or cannot be found.

I paid to become a platinum member yesterday (wire transfer) and tried to fax the invoice and wire transfer form to the number given on the invoice - this was at about 14.00 CET. Unfortunately, there was no reply. I tried again several hours later, at around 18.00 CET and finally at about 21.00 CET. No joy either time.

I don't have a fax, which means that each time I tried, I had to go out to do so. Sadly, I really don't have the time to keep doing this in the hopes that I'll finally strike lucky.

Any suggestions. please - bearing in mind that the post office (my nearest fax service provider) is only open today until 22.00 CET.

Thank you in advance.

Caryl


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:55
English to German
+ ...
Submit a Support Request rather than a forum posting Dec 16, 2006

Hi Caryl,
I suggest you submit a Support Request to ProZ.com staff - choose "Billing and payments".

Best regards,
Ralf


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Caryl Swift  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 10:55
Polish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Dec 16, 2006

Hello, Ralf,

Thank you for replying so promptly.

I'll do as you suggest and hope that, its being Saturday, someone will manage to reply today

Have a good weekend.

All the best,
Caryl


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Caryl Swift  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 10:55
Polish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Silence Dec 18, 2006

Hello again, Ralf,

I did as you suggested and immediately submitted a support request - to which I have still received no reply. I also tried several times on Saturday at different times of the day, as well as this morning, to fax the invoice again. No reply and the fax doesn't pick up automatically..

The invoice states (in bold):

"You MUST send a copy of this page and indicate that you sent payment by wire transfer. When we have received both, your order will be processed.".

Having now paid to become a member, I'm becoming very frustrated indeed that I am unable to complete the process.

Can someone please help me?

Thank you,
Caryl


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 11:55
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Dear Caryl Dec 18, 2006

Right now it's still 6 AM Monday morning at the Headquarters...
I will draw attention of the Staff to this issue as soon as they come online.

Uldis

Caryl Swift wrote:

Hello again, Ralf,

I did as you suggested and immediately submitted a support request - to which I have still received no reply. I also tried several times on Saturday at different times of the day, as well as this morning, to fax the invoice again. No reply and the fax doesn't pick up automatically..


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 04:55
SITE FOUNDER
There won't be a problem Dec 18, 2006

Hi Caryl,

We usually process memberships that require manual processing only on weekdays. But don't worry, there is no chance that your membership will be lost. Our staff should get to your ticket when they get in.

Thanks and welcome to the member community.

Henry


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Vojislav Krunic  Identity Verified
Serbia
Local time: 10:55
Member (2006)
English to Serbian
+ ...
wire transfer too slow Dec 18, 2006

Hi Caryl,

Let me point to the fact that wire transfer usually takes several days to be completed, it is a very slow method for sending money. A couple of weeks ago I have also paid my membership through wire transfer, and even though at the time my payment did not reach ProZ yet, after I contacted the support team they were kind enough to initiate my membership four days in advance. So you will need some patience here and, in my experience, everything will be just fine.

Best regards,

Vojislav


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Caryl Swift  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 10:55
Polish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Dec 18, 2006

[quote]Uldis Liepkalns wrote:

Right now it's still 6 AM Monday morning at the Headquarters...
I will draw attention of the Staff to this issue as soon as they come online.

Uldis

Dear Uldis,

Thank you very much.

Best wishes,
Caryl


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Caryl Swift  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 10:55
Polish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
How do I send the 'ticket'? Dec 18, 2006

Henry wrote:

Hi Caryl,

We usually process memberships that require manual processing only on weekdays. But don't worry, there is no chance that your membership will be lost. Our staff should get to your ticket when they get in.

Thanks and welcome to the member community.

Henry


Hi, Henry,

Thank you for your prompt reply. The thing is that firstly it was a weekday when I started out on my fruitless mission to send that fax. Secondly, it's a week day now - and I tried unsuccessfully again about an hour ago.

I honestly do understand that the staff are entitled to a weekend like anyone else My question is, how will they get to my ticket when I can't fax it?

Thank you for the welcome

Best wishes,
Caryl

[Edited at 2006-12-18 13:26]


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Caryl Swift  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 10:55
Polish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
If only I can inform them! Dec 18, 2006

Vojislav Krunic wrote:

Hi Caryl,

Let me point to the fact that wire transfer usually takes several days to be completed, it is a very slow method for sending money. A couple of weeks ago I have also paid my membership through wire transfer, and even though at the time my payment did not reach ProZ yet, after I contacted the support team they were kind enough to initiate my membership four days in advance. So you will need some patience here and, in my experience, everything will be just fine.

Best regards,

Vojislav


Hi, Vojslav,

Thank you for your kind words. The bank told me that the money should arrive by Tuesday or Wednesay of this week. But what's frustrating me is that I can't seem to fax the confirmation that the wire transfer's been made!!!

Have a good day

Best wishes,
Caryl


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:55
English to German
+ ...
Ticket = Support Request Dec 18, 2006

Hi again, Caryl,

I honestly do understand that the staff are entitled to a weekend like anyone else My question is, how will they get to my ticket when I can't fax it?


Henry was referring to your support request.

Best regards,
Ralf


Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Faxing confirmation of joining ProZ

Advanced search






SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums