Thread poster: Kevin Pfeiffer (X)
Kevin Pfeiffer (X)
Kevin Pfeiffer (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:44
German to English
+ ...
Jan 1, 2007

I just received the standard "featured pro" message again. Near the end it says:

"About this message: ProZ.com is sending these alerts in response to member inquiries concerning the featured member function. If you do not wish to receive these alerts, please let me know by replying to this message. You may also request that you not be featured at all. Thanks, Henry"

It's not such a big concern of mine, but the last time I received one of these I _did_ reply as directed
... See more
I just received the standard "featured pro" message again. Near the end it says:

"About this message: ProZ.com is sending these alerts in response to member inquiries concerning the featured member function. If you do not wish to receive these alerts, please let me know by replying to this message. You may also request that you not be featured at all. Thanks, Henry"

It's not such a big concern of mine, but the last time I received one of these I _did_ reply as directed and wrote that I preferred not to be featured. So, since this request was overlooked or missed, I thought that I should let you know in case it is a general systemic error.

All the best for the new year,

Kevin Pfeiffer

[Edited at 2007-01-01 18:52]
Collapse

justin C
justin C
United States
Local time: 07:44
English
I have removed you from the feature pro rotation, Kevin Jan 2, 2007

Hi Kevin,

I went ahead and removed you from the featured pro rotation as you requested, so you should no longer be chosen as the featured pro.

Also, it is usually best to submit a support ticket when you have an issue like this, as staff usually checks support tickets before checking recent forum posts.

Best regards,
Justin

Kevin Pfeiffer (X)
Kevin Pfeiffer (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:44
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
... Jan 2, 2007

justin wrote:
I went ahead and removed you from the featured pro rotation as you requested, so you should no longer be chosen as the featured pro.

Hi Justin,

thank you for your assistance, but that was only the symptom. I mentioned this not because it was such a serious issue for me but because the instructions contained within the message itself, which appear at least to come from your company president, failed to work.

I know from experience how discouraging such "just click here to do that" failures are. I recently sent a message to the webmaster address of a site with whom I do business (as directed by them) only to get an 'address does not exist' bounce message in response. Sigh.

So, I wanted to let you know so that you can fix not only the symptom but also the problem, if necessary.

-Kevin

[Edited at 2007-01-02 14:27]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"If you do not wish to receive these alerts..."

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »