Michael Kazakov
Michael Kazakov  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 19:38
English to Russian
+ ...
Jan 18, 2007

Hi all,

I tried to add a table in the "About me" section of my profile (http://www.proz.com/profile/408) and for some reasons all of a sudden I have lots of empty space and the table is moved to the bottom of page.

I tested the page in 3 browsers (Opera, Firefox and IE) and it has the same display in all 3 of them, so this problem is "browser-independent", so to speak (my defau
... See more
Hi all,

I tried to add a table in the "About me" section of my profile (http://www.proz.com/profile/408) and for some reasons all of a sudden I have lots of empty space and the table is moved to the bottom of page.

I tested the page in 3 browsers (Opera, Firefox and IE) and it has the same display in all 3 of them, so this problem is "browser-independent", so to speak (my default browser is Opera).

When I use simple numbered lists everything looks fine.

Is this normal? Are there any limits to what type of content you can add? Other words, numbered/un-numbered lists are fine, tables are not?

Any help or hint will be much appreciated!

Regards,
Michael
Collapse

Kathryn Strachecky
Kathryn Strachecky  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:38
French to English
Support Ticket? Jan 18, 2007

Hi Michael,

Have you tried submitting a support ticket? They might be able to help you.

By the way, I had a look at your profile and couldn't see your "about me" section. Is this deliberate?

All the best,

Kathryn

Michael Kazakov
Israel
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Strange... Jan 18, 2007

Kathryn Strachecky wrote:
Have you tried submitting a support ticket? They might be able to help you.

Thanks for the suggestion, I just did that. Hope they will be able to clear that problem.

By the way, I had a look at your profile and couldn't see your "about me" section. Is this deliberate?

No, of course not. But then it is getting really weird. By "about me" section I mean block that immediately follows the "Website, CV" row. I logged off and opened my profile in IE and I can see it just fine. Admittedly, it looks ugly but is visible....

All the best,
Kathryn

Thanks Kathryn...

Best regards,
Michael

Joanna Borowska
Joanna Borowska  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
I had the same problem... Jan 18, 2007

I had the same problem while completing the Portfolio tab (I don't use tha standard Portfolio space but my own, customized table).

It helped when I deleted all the line breaks between html tags (found the solution somewhere in ProZ.com forums), e.g. instead of:

try this:

try this:

Hope that helps

Joanna
Collapse

Michael Kazakov
Israel
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Replace "greater than"? Jan 18, 2007

Joanna Borowska wrote:
It helped when I deleted all the line breaks between html tags (found the solution somewhere in ProZ.com forums), e.g. instead of:

try this:

">" is a greater-than sign.

So, is is ""="

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 12:38
SITE FOUNDER
Yes, that is the solution. Jan 18, 2007

Joanna Borowska wrote:

I had the same problem while completing the Portfolio tab (I don't use tha standard Portfolio space but my own, customized table).

try this:

Hope that helps

Joanna

Right. Line breaks in html are carried into the profile.

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 12:38
SITE FOUNDER
Nice to see you! Jan 18, 2007

Michael Kazakov wrote:

I tried to add a table in the "About me" section of my profile...

Hi Michael. I have not noticed you in the forums lately but I remember your face from the first days....

Kathryn Strachecky
Kathryn Strachecky  Identity Verified
French to English
Works :-) Jan 18, 2007

Works for me anyhow, I can see your table and there's no unwanted space. Glad you got it sorted.

Michael Kazakov
Israel
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, everyone Jan 18, 2007

Joanna Borowska wrote:
try this:

Hope that helps

Joanna

OK, I got it!

Thanks everyone for your help!

Best regards,
Michael

Michael Kazakov
Israel
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, Henry Jan 18, 2007

Henry wrote:
Hi Michael. I have not noticed you in the forums lately but I remember your face from the first days....

Thanks, Henry. Yes, I am the guy who was asking to reduce his gigantic picture sent for upload to the profile. I was a real dummy then ..:).

Again, thanks a lot to everyone for your help!

Best regards,
Michael

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Lots of empty space in "About me" section after adding a table

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »