Mobile menu

How does one get rid of the KUDOZ toolbar?
Thread poster: roak
United States
German to English
Feb 13, 2007

I installed the toolbar earlier and have now after upgraded to the explorer version 7. On opening a new tab within the browser, it shows me an error with regard to the Add-ons (clearly specifies that it is the Kudoz dll file) and indicates that internet explorer needs to close. This is annoying and I want to get rid of this toolbar. On trying to remove it from the control panel, I am shown a dialog box saying that "Administrative rights are required to uninstall the toolbar" So whats the way out??
Thanks in advance!!!

Direct link Reply with quote

William [Bill] Gray  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:34
Member (2006)
+ ...
Like this... Feb 13, 2007

Tools --> Manage Add-ons --> Enable or Disable Add-ons...

There you will be able to select and deselect what is active. It's a pity about this clash; I too used to use it on the older version of IE. Hopefully technical staff will correct the error soon.

Colin Brady
Local time: 17:34
New version available... Feb 13, 2007

This was a problem with the older version of the toolbar. I have created a new version that should work with Internet Explorer 7:

Sorry for the inconvenience.

United States
German to English
How to remove this one completely?? Feb 13, 2007

The kudoz toolbar seems so useless to me at this moment Colin and I really wish to get it out of the system. I could install it later if and when I so desire. For the time being I would appreciate some guidance notes about removing it from the system. The Control panel does not allow me to do that and says "Administrative rights are required to uninstall the toolbar." How do I uninstall it??

Thanks so much

Chinese to English
logon as administrator Feb 13, 2007

if you have got windows xp home edition, you may probably try holding down the F8 key during system (re)boot and select "safe mode" and login as administrator.

Nicholas Ferreira  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:34
Spanish to English
+ ...
Click on the Button Feb 13, 2007

I uninstalled it once, by accident.

On the left of your Kudoz bar you will see a button with the icon. Click on that, and it should ask you if you want to uninstall the toolbar, or give you the option to do so.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How does one get rid of the KUDOZ toolbar?

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs