Thread poster: Karina Pelech

Karina Pelech  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 10:48
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 27, 2002

This may seem a rather obvious or simple question topic to some, but after having 2 \"so-called\" experts in to look at things, nothing has changed.

Last week I changed my Windows Millenium to Windows XP ... with the help of one of the \"experts\" abovementioned. Everything seemed to go well until I started typing. None of the CTRL + number (or other) keys work correctly. I tried whatever I could after the problem created by my \"experts\" but cannot seem to change things...

My keyboard keys .. (and I have 4 different keyboards) cannot be configured to the CTRL + number (etc) symbols or vice versa.

Whereas everything worked fine with Millenium, almost nothing seems to work particularly well now.

In addition, one of my keyboards, with \"additional special function keys\" just causes XP to lose colour, format and shape and prohibits me opening other programs once I add the info from the relevant keyboard CD to the system..!

All this is very frustrating, even though I know where to obtain most of the symbols using the ALT keys.

Does anyone know how I might put this situation to rights?

In addition, \"(my) system does not allow (my) printer to accept \"refilled\" cartridges anymore..\" whereas.., yes you guessed, with Windows Millenium, it did... (this is the explanation given to me by both of the above experts, I must add).

I would be very grateful for any help whatsoever.

Many thanks in advance,

Allan

Dr. A. C. Brown

Direct link Reply with quote

Arnaud HERVE  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 14:48
English to French
+ ...
drivers Nov 27, 2002

Try and find the new drivers on the manufacturer\'s website.

Argentina
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sorry Arnaud Nov 27, 2002

I am not sure what you mean.

Do you mean the keyboard driver for XP or for my keyboard manufacturer?. For I have already looked for the keyboard manufacturer´s driver, but have had no luck.

I shall follow your advice and look in Microsoft´s homepage.

Thanks

Allan

Arnaud HERVE  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 14:48
English to French
+ ...
explanation Nov 28, 2002

the driver for XP made by your manufacter especially for this keyboard (and not another one) and presented on his website, not Microsoft\'s.

Argentina
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
OK .. got it Nov 28, 2002

many thanks Arnaud. I have already done as you suggested, and the problem is solved.

Thanks again

Allan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Keyboard problems with Win XP

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs