Why does BrowniZ not increase?
Thread poster: chinesetrans

chinesetrans
Netherlands
Local time: 01:03
English to Chinese
+ ...
Mar 9, 2007

Hello, I wonder somebody can help me this: my BrowniZ does not increase. For a time, I am too busy to visit proz.com, but since last week, I drop quite often, answer KudoZ, peers comment, but do not quote any job, yet my BrowniZ remains, never change. Why? Can somebody help?

Direct link Reply with quote

Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:03
Member (2000)
Russian to English
+ ...
Click browniz in profile and refresh page which comes up Mar 9, 2007

If you click BrowniZ in your profile, it will bring up a page showing a breakdown of your browniz points. If the total at the top of the page is higher than the one in the profile box (which still shows on this page), click the reload (refresh) button and the browniz figure in the profile box will be updated.
I doubt if this will help, because BrowniZ should be updated daily anyway, but it might be worth a try.

Nicole Martin
Local time: 19:03
German to English
Maybe you're not doing anything to make the Browniz change? Mar 9, 2007

You don't earn Browniz just by visiting the site, so no matter how many times you come here, that alone won't make the number change. You also don't earn Browniz (as far as I know) for giving your own answers to Kudoz questions. You earn points if you disagree or agree with someone else's Kudoz answer.

There are specific things you have to do on this site to earn more Browniz and if you're not doing any of these things, your Browniz won't go up. And if you're not spending Browniz (for example, by quoting on jobs or buying access to Blue Board entries), your Browniz number won't go down either.

If you go to the "My Proz.com" menu and select "My Browniz", you will go to a page that lists how you can earn more Browniz.

chinesetrans
Netherlands
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, I did quite a numbers of answering and commenting in KudoZ Mar 10, 2007

Nicole Dequin wrote:

You don't earn Browniz just by visiting the site, so no matter how many times you come here, that alone won't make the number change. You also don't earn Browniz (as far as I know) for giving your own answers to Kudoz questions. You earn points if you disagree or agree with someone else's Kudoz answer.

There are specific things you have to do on this site to earn more Browniz and if you're not doing any of these things, your Browniz won't go up. And if you're not spending Browniz (for example, by quoting on jobs or buying access to Blue Board entries), your Browniz number won't go down either.

If you go to the "My Proz.com" menu and select "My Browniz", you will go to a page that lists how you can earn more Browniz.

Nicole, yes, I do answer and comment KudoZ (I win 4 points for KudoZ http://www.proz.com/kudoz/1807028), but BrowiZ just simply does not increase. Quite strange.

Özden Arıkan  Identity Verified
Germany
English to Turkish
Submit a Support Request Mar 10, 2007

Hi chinesetrans,

If you believe that you have done the things that should earn you browniz (but careful, you don't get browniz by answering Kudoz questions, browniz are given for peer comments only), and your browniz still don't get updated after 24 hours, you can submit a support request at this page.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Özden

chinesetrans wrote:
Nicole, yes, I do answer and comment KudoZ (I win 4 points for KudoZ http://www.proz.com/kudoz/1807028), but BrowiZ just simply does not increase. Quite strange.

chinesetrans
Netherlands
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
tks. will try and see. Mar 11, 2007

Özden Arıkan wrote:

Hi chinesetrans,

If you believe that you have done the things that should earn you browniz (but careful, you don't get browniz by answering Kudoz questions, browniz are given for peer comments only), and your browniz still don't get updated after 24 hours, you can submit a support request at this page.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Özden

chinesetrans wrote:

Ozden, I did quite a number of peers comments. Anyway, appreciate your suggestions. super

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Why does BrowniZ not increase?

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs