Lisa Roberts  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 14:56
Spanish to English
+ ...
Mar 14, 2007

Hello,

Am trying to update my profile page but having trouble doing the following:

1. Formatting the text - i.e., applying bold/colour/bullets, etc.

2. Getting all the information such as specialties, rates, project history, etc., to be immediately visible to clients without them having to click on the '+' at the top left hand side of the page.

In other words, so they don't have to 'click for the standardised information'...

Any
... See more
Hello,

Am trying to update my profile page but having trouble doing the following:

2. Getting all the information such as specialties, rates, project history, etc., to be immediately visible to clients without them having to click on the '+' at the top left hand side of the page.

In other words, so they don't have to 'click for the standardised information'...

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Many thanks,

Lisa
Collapse

justin C
justin C
United States
Local time: 09:56
English
Use the 'standardized' profile display as default, and you can use HTML in your 'About me' section Mar 14, 2007

Hi Lisa!

I just checked out your profile, and the reason the 'Click for standardized information' row shows up is because you have chosen to use the personalized profile format. The personalized format effectively minimizes the display your standardized information (what you referred to as 'information such as specialties, rates, project history'). Switching your profile to standardized mode using the 'Preferred display format' option in the top left hand corner of your profile will
... See more
Hi Lisa!

I just checked out your profile, and the reason the 'Click for standardized information' row shows up is because you have chosen to use the personalized profile format. The personalized format effectively minimizes the display your standardized information (what you referred to as 'information such as specialties, rates, project history'). Switching your profile to standardized mode using the 'Preferred display format' option in the top left hand corner of your profile will show all your standardized information to visitors.

And for formatting your profile, you can use normal HTML tags such as <font>, <table>, <b>. You might also want to check out Gianfranco's HTML tutorial here. The tutorial contains useful tips for applying HTML to your profile page.

I hope this answers your questions! If you need anything else feel free to submit a support ticket.

Best regards,
Justin
Collapse

Nicholas Ferreira
Nicholas Ferreira  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 09:56
Spanish to English
+ ...
Here's some info on profile formatting Mar 14, 2007

Lisa,

Here's some tips that I hope you will find helpful.

What I found very helpful, and easy to apply, were the tips given in the HTML tutorial by Gianfranco Manca: http://www.proz.com/home/12340/HTML_Tips3.htm.

If you want to do even more than that, there are many other HTML code tutorials on the web. Just type it into Google.

When you go into your profile, you will see on the top left you have the option "Preferred display format." If you choose Standardized, the standard info will be shown by default. If you choose Personalized, it will just show the red cross, in order to emphasize the text written below.

I hope this helps.

Lisa Roberts
Lisa Roberts  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 14:56
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Mar 14, 2007

Thanks very much Nicholas and Justin!

Information settings now all sorted

Will certainly have a look at Gianfranco's tutorial...

Thanks again!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Profile page formatting

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »