Profile updated 9 months ago but old address still showing in job posts
Thread poster: Jim Turner
Jim Turner
Jim Turner  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 19:35
Dutch to English
Apr 23, 2007

Hi, I updated my profile after my last move, 9 months ago, but when I post a job my old address and contact details are still listed. What am I doing wrong?

Yolanda Broad
Yolanda Broad  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:35
Member (2000)
French to English
+ ...

Job posting contact data need to be edited Apr 23, 2007

Dear Jim Turner,

As a service to previous job posters, their contact information is stored in their job posting form. To update your job posting information, you will need to edit the contact data in that form when posting a job. To modify contact details, make sure the box on the left hand side of the green "Your Contact Information" bar says "- Hide" and not "+ Show"; in the latter case, click to expand that section of the job posting form.

If you have already post
... See more
Dear Jim Turner,

As a service to previous job posters, their contact information is stored in their job posting form. To update your job posting information, you will need to edit the contact data in that form when posting a job. To modify contact details, make sure the box on the left hand side of the green "Your Contact Information" bar says "- Hide" and not "+ Show"; in the latter case, click to expand that section of the job posting form.

If you have already posted a job that has the wrong contact information in it, please contact a Jobs moderator with the new information via the link, "Contact jobs moderators if there is a problem with this job posting" at the bottom of your job posting page. One of us will be glad to enter the information for you.
Collapse

Jim Turner
Jim Turner  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 19:35
Dutch to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Apr 24, 2007

Thanks for the explanation ybroad, I will try to remember it next time I post a job (it doesn't happen that often).

kind regards, Jim

justin C
justin C
United States
Local time: 13:35
English
Yolonda is correct, staff will work to make contact details more apparent on the job posting form Apr 24, 2007

Thanks Yolonda for the follow-up (which is spot-on).

Hi Jim,

We'll work to make the contact details section more apparent on the job posting form. Currently it is collapsible (the "- Hide" and "+ Show" options), and I can understand this may be confusing when you see your job posted with old contact information.

We'll write back here after we implement any changes regarding this issue.

Best regards,
Justin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Profile updated 9 months ago but old address still showing in job posts

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »