CPU performance goes to 100% when scrolling down pages
Thread poster: pashtet
pashtet  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:02
English to Russian
+ ...
May 9, 2007

Does anyone else have this problem? For some reason this happens ONLY when I browse this web-site. My laptop is quite powerful - it's a 2.5 GHz Pentium 4, but the CPU gets overloaded when I scroll down these pages. Please help!

Direct link Reply with quote

franksf
Chinese to English
Contact manufacturer May 9, 2007

Hello. Laptops are all proprietary and one with a 2.5 GHz P4 is likely still within warranty for free support. Call or visit the manufacturer's web site and open up a support/trouble ticket with, e.g., the service tag (Dell), of your laptop.

xxxMihai Badea  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Member (2004)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Have you tried another browser? May 9, 2007

Hi Paul,

What browser are you using and on what operating system? Have you tried using a different browser? Does that make any difference?

[Edited at 2007-05-09 22:59]

United States
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
browser May 10, 2007

I use IE 6.0 and Windows XP Professional. I haven't tried other browsers, because I would like to resolve the issue with IE - I am so used to it that I don't want to switch to Opera or anything else. Well, thanks for your comments, I'll keep playing with the browser settings for a while, I guess...:)

xxxMihai Badea  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Member (2004)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Firefox or upgrade to IE7 May 10, 2007

I was going to suggest you to try Firefox. I know nobody who tried it and then switched back to IE Opera would be a good option as well.

And if you want to keep using IE, it might be a good idea to upgrade it to version 7 …

xxxPristav
Local time: 09:02
English to Russian
More Details May 10, 2007

Can you provide more details about hardware and software of your PC?

United States
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
details May 10, 2007

Pristav wrote:

Can you provide more details about hardware and software of your PC?

Well it's a 2.5 GHz Pentium 4, 512Mb RAM, 64 Mb Video RAM, IE 6.0, Windows XP Professional SP2

Mihai, thank you for your suggestion - I might actually follow your advice if you are so sure about the benefits of this other browser:))

xxxPristav
Local time: 09:02
English to Russian
To your seller May 11, 2007

If your PC is covered by warranty, I advice to contact with it's seller. If no, you shall contact with computer's expert or repair company. PC has internal problem.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

CPU performance goes to 100% when scrolling down pages

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs