Has the list of CAT tools and the respective number of users now been permanently removed?
Thread poster: Marc P (X)
Marc P (X)
Marc P (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:10
German to English
+ ...
Jun 21, 2007

Has the list of CAT tools and the respective number of users now been permanently removed?

Yolanda Broad
Yolanda Broad  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:10
Member (2000)
French to English
+ ...

Can you describe the list? Jun 22, 2007

Hello Marc,

I'm not sure what list you are thinking of. Can you give us a description?

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
The CAT fight, the list, you know... Jun 22, 2007

Yolanda Broad wrote:
I'm not sure what list you are thinking of. Can you give us a description?

Has the CAT fight completely passed from memory, then?

Marc P (X)
Marc P (X)  Identity Verified
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
List of CAT tool Jun 22, 2007

At www.proz.com/cat there was, until two days ago, a table of CAT tools with prices and the number of ProZ members using each tool. That table has now gone. (The CAT fight, IIRC, was something else.)

Marc

Martin Wenzel
Martin Wenzel
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Don't kick the cats... Jun 22, 2007

Cats tend to come back in real life, and so do advertisements
at proz.com, unless you kick them...

Moroccan cats always seem to ponder this question: Will he kick or caress me? I wonder if that's a typical question any cat asks itself...or just Moroccan cats...

I was really never into cats before I came to Morocco, but it seems one can't live here w/o them...

To give you a useful hint for the future. Any topics that interest me, and for which I would
... See more
Cats tend to come back in real life, and so do advertisements
at proz.com, unless you kick them...

Moroccan cats always seem to ponder this question: Will he kick or caress me? I wonder if that's a typical question any cat asks itself...or just Moroccan cats...

I was really never into cats before I came to Morocco, but it seems one can't live here w/o them...

To give you a useful hint for the future. Any topics that interest me, and for which I would be too lazy to search, I just copy as a link into a Word document called "Read later" with a short description of the link.

I find that more useful than looking through the various forums because the number of topics and forums increases at a rapid rate daily...

Nothing in life is really permanent , Marc, perhaps death...
but then people do get rescurrected (acoording to the bible)...

So, I am sure your cat (list) will come back, take courage.
Collapse

Victor Dewsbery
Victor Dewsbery  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
It was a selective list anyway Jun 22, 2007

For a couple of years now I have submitted periodical support tickets asking why the list did not include Deja Vu.

So now they have levelled the playing field and deleted the rest.

What a radical and revolutionary step!

(Perhaps we will get a PROPER list some time, including not only mature products like Deja Vu but also some of the new kids on the block like MemoQ. A site with the format and global ambitions of ProZ should offer factual and complete inform
... See more
For a couple of years now I have submitted periodical support tickets asking why the list did not include Deja Vu.

So now they have levelled the playing field and deleted the rest.

What a radical and revolutionary step!

(Perhaps we will get a PROPER list some time, including not only mature products like Deja Vu but also some of the new kids on the block like MemoQ. A site with the format and global ambitions of ProZ should offer factual and complete information, and perhaps something like that is lined up to take the place of the former patchy coverage.)
Collapse

Drew MacFadyen
Drew MacFadyen  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:10
Spanish to English
+ ...
CAT Tool list removed Jun 26, 2007

Yes the CAT Tool list has been removed. It was not very comprehensive and the material and information was quite dated (SDLX 2004). We are working on a Store front that will permit all CAT Tools to provide information and update their own details and information as well as provide a location for the community to purchase at a discount.

There will be announcements when this is accomplished - hopefully soon.

Drew MacFadyen
Advertising Manager
ProZ.com

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »