Mobile menu

Problem with fonts - I get ???? in the comments or explanation part of KudoZ.
Thread poster: Ravindra Godbole

Ravindra Godbole  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 05:47
Member (2002)
English to Marathi
+ ...
Jul 15, 2007

When I get kudos replies to my "agree" remark on answers to kudoz questions or I get comments to the answer I posted for any kudoz question I get ???? in the comments or explanation part. That is I am not able to read anything as Russian fonts are not seen because of ????. Earlier to upgradation of my computer system I used to get replies in Russian also. But after upgradation I get ??? I use Arial MS Unicode fonts for Russian in my computer system. Why is this happening? Can anyone explain? Is there any font problem?

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2007-07-15 12:05]

Direct link Reply with quote

Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 02:17
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Should be encoding problem in your browser Jul 15, 2007

E.g., in Opera go to View- Encoding and set it either as Automatic selection or as Unicode UTF-8.

HTH,

Uldis

esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:17
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
And check your font setting in browser Jul 15, 2007

For Opera, check in Setting -> Other -> Fonts -> International fonts to have fonts with extended language support engaged.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with fonts - I get ???? in the comments or explanation part of KudoZ.

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs