Mobile menu

Problem with fonts - I get ???? in the comments or explanation part of KudoZ.
Thread poster: Ravindra Godbole

Ravindra Godbole  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 22:44
Member (2002)
English to Marathi
+ ...
Jul 15, 2007

When I get kudos replies to my "agree" remark on answers to kudoz questions or I get comments to the answer I posted for any kudoz question I get ???? in the comments or explanation part. That is I am not able to read anything as Russian fonts are not seen because of ????. Earlier to upgradation of my computer system I used to get replies in Russian also. But after upgradation I get ??? I use Arial MS Unicode fonts for Russian in my computer system. Why is this happening? Can anyone explain? Is there any font problem?

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2007-07-15 12:05]

Direct link Reply with quote

Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 20:14
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Should be encoding problem in your browser Jul 15, 2007

E.g., in Opera go to View- Encoding and set it either as Automatic selection or as Unicode UTF-8.

HTH,

Uldis

esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:14
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
And check your font setting in browser Jul 15, 2007

For Opera, check in Setting -> Other -> Fonts -> International fonts to have fonts with extended language support engaged.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with fonts - I get ???? in the comments or explanation part of KudoZ.

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs