Thread poster: Yelena.
Yelena.
Yelena.  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:01
English to Russian
+ ...
Jan 25, 2003

Are there any plans to reactivate the function \"edit glossaries\"? It used to be very useful that Proz members with over 500 Kudoz could edit those glossary entries, that were once very inconsiderately submitted and are just wrong.

Besides, the \"add to glossaries\" function doesn\'t seem to be working. Even if you click on the link on the right-hand side, it doesn\'t allow you to make any entries...

[ This Message was edited by...
See more
Are there any plans to reactivate the function \"edit glossaries\"? It used to be very useful that Proz members with over 500 Kudoz could edit those glossary entries, that were once very inconsiderately submitted and are just wrong.

Besides, the \"add to glossaries\" function doesn\'t seem to be working. Even if you click on the link on the right-hand side, it doesn\'t allow you to make any entries...

[ This Message was edited byn2003-01-25 15:59]
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:01
English to German
+ ...
Contact a moderator Jan 26, 2003

Quote:

On 2003-01-25 14:11, Yelena. wrote:

... See more
Quote:

On 2003-01-25 14:11, Yelena. wrote:

Check this thread: www.proz.com/?sp=bb/viewtopic&post=45665#45665 - if you notice an incorrect entry, just send a short note to the moderator(s) concerned.

Quote:

I don\'t have that problem - in fact, I just completed a glossary entry. Which OS/browser are you using? ▲ Collapse

Yelena.
United Kingdom
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you very much, Ralf Jan 27, 2003

I use is Windows 98, Internet Explorer 6. All of the buttons (Squash, Edit question, Make Easy) work perfectly well, apart from the \"Add to glossaries\". Can anyone explain why?

[ This Message was edited by:on2003-01-27 14:57]

Karlo Heppner
Karlo Heppner  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 03:01
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
A lot of problems Jan 27, 2003

As a matter of fact it seems that there exist a lot of problems.

I also cannot use the Edit glossary function for a long time (since there was that problem with the server).

I read Henry´s explanation in December that Proz was thinking of changing the requirements for using this function. One month has passed and apparently nothing has happenend.

It seems that I´m not the only one that does not receive job postings. I checked everything, including my browser, Out
... See more

I also cannot use the Edit glossary function for a long time (since there was that problem with the server).

I read Henry´s explanation in December that Proz was thinking of changing the requirements for using this function. One month has passed and apparently nothing has happenend.

It seems that I´m not the only one that does not receive job postings. I checked everything, including my browser, Outlook settings, without explanation. Today, I didn´t even receive the Kudoz questions. What is happening?

Greetings Karlo
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:01
English to German
+ ...
...and a lot is being worked on Jan 27, 2003

Quote:

On 2003-01-27 16:38, karlo1 wrote:

Not surprising, given a site that is permanently \'in motion\'.

Quote:

The change in ac... See more
Quote:

On 2003-01-27 16:38, karlo1 wrote:

Not surprising, given a site that is permanently \'in motion\'.

Quote:

The change in access rights was implemented when the server array was restored.

Quote:

Rest assured that the ProZ.com team aren\'t resting on their laurels: quite the opposite, actually. As you may have seen, ProZ has taken on additional staff members.

The policy regarding glossary edits has not changed.

Quote:
It seems that I´m not the only one that does not receive job postings. I checked everything, including my browser, Outlook settings, without explanation. Today, I didn´t even receive the Kudoz questions. What is happening?

I suggest you submit a Support Request, detailing your problems. ▲ Collapse

Yelena.
United Kingdom
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
"Add to glossary" function still not working Jul 29, 2003

Hello,

My "Add to glossary" function (on a page with a Kudoz question) is still not working. If I click on it, the page just refreshes itself and doesn't allow me to make any entries to the glossary. I submitted several support requests, but unfortunately received no answer. Can anybody help?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Are there any plans to reactivate the function \'edit glossaries\'

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »