https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_technical_support/806-trados_3_and_windows_2000_problems.html

Trados 3 and Windows 2000 problems
Thread poster: Chris Hopley
Chris Hopley
Chris Hopley  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 23:48
German to English
+ ...
Dec 13, 2001

The translation department where I work recently upgraded all machines to Windows 2000. Since then, we\'ve had no end of trouble with Trados (version 3). I won\'t bore you with the problems we\'ve already solved.

However, one of the problems is with the document template for Word (yes, the one called *win2k.dot). To get it to work, I have to install and activate it in two different places. Every time I start Word I get a visual basic run time error, which I click away and th
... See more
The translation department where I work recently upgraded all machines to Windows 2000. Since then, we\'ve had no end of trouble with Trados (version 3). I won\'t bore you with the problems we\'ve already solved.

However, one of the problems is with the document template for Word (yes, the one called *win2k.dot). To get it to work, I have to install and activate it in two different places. Every time I start Word I get a visual basic run time error, which I click away and then everything seems to run fine.

What I was wondering is, are there any other Trados 3/Win2000 users out there who have been experiencing strange problems that don\'t seem to be addressed by the Trados knowledge base?

Regards,

C
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:48
English to German
+ ...
Get tech support... Dec 14, 2001

Have you contacted Trados support? In my experience they usually have a solution for that kind of problem. (I assume that you have a support contract...?)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 3 and Windows 2000 problems

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »