https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_technical_support/82249-removing_a_cv_resume_%3A_not_possible.html

Removing a CV/resume : not possible!
Thread poster: Oliver Walter
Oliver Walter
Oliver Walter  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:00
German to English
+ ...
Aug 27, 2007

I know a Proz member who wants to remove the CV from his profile. He can't find out how to do this (and has provisionally replaced his with an empty one - not very encouraging to visitors). I have searched the FAQ and the answer there is in
http://www.proz.com/faq/profile#remove_old_resume
but this is wrong: I can't find any 'Edit your profile' link nor any 'Delete cur
... See more
I know a Proz member who wants to remove the CV from his profile. He can't find out how to do this (and has provisionally replaced his with an empty one - not very encouraging to visitors). I have searched the FAQ and the answer there is in
http://www.proz.com/faq/profile#remove_old_resume
but this is wrong: I can't find any 'Edit your profile' link nor any 'Delete current resume' box.
The Profile updater (under "My ProZ.com") enables the CV to be replaced but not to be removed.
Is this an oversight that should be urgently remedied, or is the ability to remove a CV now hidden away in some supposedly obvious location?
Oliver
Collapse

Oliver Walter
Oliver Walter  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:00
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Found it! Aug 27, 2007

Oliver Walter wrote:
Is this an oversight that should be urgently remedied, or is the ability to remove a CV now hidden away in some supposedly obvious location?
Oliver
I've just found it, after seeing an earlier post in this forum - I had not seen that in my previous search. It is (you could argue) indeed "hidden away": it's in the "Uploads" section of "Settings" in one's profile. The obvious place for it, in the Profile Updater, does not include this facility.
Oliver
(To the moderator: you may use your discretion to decide whether to remove this whole thread, or at least improve the information in the FAQ)

María Florencia Vita
María Florencia Vita
Local time: 06:00
SITE STAFF
Thanks for pointing that out! Aug 27, 2007

Hi Oliver,

I am glad that you finally found the way to delete your current CV/resume. I will immediately edit the FAQs about profile page.

Thank you for pointing that out!

I appreciate all your support of the site.

Have a nice day!

Kind regards,
Florencia

traductorchile
traductorchile  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 05:00
English to Spanish
+ ...
Removing CV is only apparent Oct 21, 2007

I had the same problem some time ago, and found out I had to exchange my CV by a blank page with a note saying "If you want a copy of my CV write me a E-mail", or something like that.
The problem was that I wanted my CV to be private and only visible to job offers. But doing an experiment I found out that doing a search in google with my e-mail (that was at the top of my CV) all the places where I have put my CV appear in the search showing my whole CV to anyone that does the same experi
... See more
I had the same problem some time ago, and found out I had to exchange my CV by a blank page with a note saying "If you want a copy of my CV write me a E-mail", or something like that.
The problem was that I wanted my CV to be private and only visible to job offers. But doing an experiment I found out that doing a search in google with my e-mail (that was at the top of my CV) all the places where I have put my CV appear in the search showing my whole CV to anyone that does the same experiment that I did. I felt too exposed with all my lifes details, so after the same difficulties that Oliver has gone through I changed my CV as I have stated above.
But, ¿what do you think?, my old (full) CV still comes out in the Google search, allthough some time has gone by. Can someone tell me if this has a remedy, or am I F.up for life.
Sorry for the language.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Removing a CV/resume : not possible!

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »